p4 slows down at high temperatures?

Hi all.
If it is true, how can I know at which temp this happens with a 2.4
Ghz p4?

--
Gabriele O.

It can happen.It's a safety feature called throttling. Check Intels website for
the cutoff temps and the motherboard makers site to see if you can disable it.
Not sure if it can be done.
If your CPU runs that hot,you need better cooling anyway.

"YanquiDawg" <yanquidawg@aol.com> wrote in message
> It can happen.It's a safety feature called throttling. Check Intels
website for
> the cutoff temps and the motherboard makers site to see if you can disable
it.
> Not sure if it can be done.
> If your CPU runs that hot,you need better cooling anyway.
>
> >Hi all.
> >If it is true, how can I know at which temp this happens with a 2.4
> >Ghz p4?

Temps?
What are your temps?
Mine are a little higher then room temp, but then, I am running on water for
cooling.
Denny. :)

You can never fly to high, as long as you use your own mind & no drugs.
or @ least, not hard ones. "Marijuana"

hey

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2004

Yup, its true. My P4 used to throttle during heavy gaming till I
spend some $$ and nabbed a DP-102 Aerocool hsf... away went my
dropped fps.

Regarding the tail-end of the post above: I don't do any illicit
pharmacologicals, but I've always loved the saying (even though I'm
buddhist):

Man made Beer, God made Weed, Psilocybin, and Peyote.

Which do YOU think is better for you? :D

<snip bullshit>

> Man made Beer, God made Weed, Psilocybin, and Peyote.
>
> Which do YOU think is better for you? :D

for this part, I agree with this poast!!!!