Can't find netword

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 10, 2005 5:27:50 PM

One computer running XP home edition connected to internet with a Linksys
802B with 4 ports which is connected to cabel modem.

Laptop with a wireless Linksys card.

I can connect to internet from either machine. BUT I can't get the network
set up between the 2. I ran the network wizart and copied to USB to install
on LP. Both machines say successfully installed. File sharing is enabled on
both and the MS firewall is turned off.

Net View from CMD says "This service has not been started." Since both can
access internet I feel something isn't set on the XP computer. I found some
stuff that referred to services folder in control panel. I don't have such a
folder. Can anyone help?

More about : find netword

Anonymous
May 12, 2005 6:29:55 PM

Below are a few sites which give instructions on how to share files/printers
across 2 or more machines running XP home edition. Please follow the
instructions to see if that helps.

A Microsoft MVP site: http://www.ezlan.net/basic.html
Microsoft sites:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyi...