I've noticed some bad remarks about the prescott cpus. Whats wrong with
them?

VanShania wrote:
> I've noticed some bad remarks about the prescott cpus. Whats wrong
> with them?

They're hotter, stress the motherboard more, and are generally slower
clock-for-clock compared to northwoods. The only GOOD thing about them is
that you can get slightly higher MHz speeds than Northwoods if you have a
very good motherboard, PSU, and chip, though the actual performance gain
over a similarly treated northwood is negligible.

--
Michael Brown

TRENDING THREADS