The ulitimate in portable MAMEing goodness.....

Wow! That's pretty cool! I wouldn't mind owning one :)

Chas
http://home.comcast.net/~corvair/

Dead_Dad wrote:
> http://www.sl-interphase.com/system.html

That would be useful not just for playing MAME games, but it would be great
for surfing the net if they would just add an 802.11g card!

From what I read on there it looks like a full-fledged PC to me, so this
would be possible. They could just load it with Linux or Windows, and
they're all set with a real computer.

AnonyMouse wrote:
> Dead_Dad wrote:
>
>>http://www.sl-interphase.com/system.html
>

> That would be useful not just for playing MAME games, but it would be great
> for surfing the net if they would just add an 802.11g card!
>
> From what I read on there it looks like a full-fledged PC to me, so this
> would be possible. They could just load it with Linux or Windows, and
> they're all set with a real computer.

<AHEM> And I quote:
# Handwriting Recognition
# Onboard WiFi
# Desktop PC OS

'Nuff said?

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

Dead_Dad wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote:
>> Dead_Dad wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.sl-interphase.com/system.html
>>

>> That would be useful not just for playing MAME games, but it would
>> be great for surfing the net if they would just add an 802.11g card!
>>
>> From what I read on there it looks like a full-fledged PC to me, so
>> this would be possible. They could just load it with Linux or
>> Windows, and they're all set with a real computer.
>
> <AHEM> And I quote:
> # Handwriting Recognition
> # Onboard WiFi
> # Desktop PC OS
>
> 'Nuff said?

Oops. Foot in mouth. Would be nice if they would just mention WHICH desktop
PC OS.

AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Dead_Dad wrote:
>> AnonyMouse wrote:
>>> That would be useful not just for playing MAME games, but it would
>>> be great for surfing the net if they would just add an 802.11g card!
>>> From what I read on there it looks like a full-fledged PC to me, so
>>> this would be possible. They could just load it with Linux or
>>> Windows, and they're all set with a real computer.
>> <AHEM> And I quote:
>> # Handwriting Recognition
>> # Onboard WiFi
>> # Desktop PC OS
>> 'Nuff said?
> Oops. Foot in mouth. Would be nice if they would just mention WHICH desktop
> PC OS.

Well, the obvious Linux, and maybe Windows.

(BTW, I got my linux PDA today!)

Hellmark wrote:
> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Dead_Dad wrote:
>>> <AHEM> And I quote:
>>> # Handwriting Recognition
>>> # Onboard WiFi
>>> # Desktop PC OS
>>> 'Nuff said?
>> Oops. Foot in mouth. Would be nice if they would just mention WHICH
>> desktop PC OS.
>
> Well, the obvious Linux, and maybe Windows.
>
> (BTW, I got my linux PDA today!)

Ooh...that sounds cool. Where'd you get it? What model is it?

AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> (BTW, I got my linux PDA today!)
> Ooh...that sounds cool. Where'd you get it? What model is it?

Ebay and Zaurus SL-5500. Damn thing's pretty cool. Built in keyboard,
handwriting recognition, full color screen, SD and Compact Flash support,
etc. Stock out of the box it doesnt come with a terminal app, but one's
included on the CD. Was even able to play DOOM at full speed on it!

Hellmark wrote:
> AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Hellmark wrote:
>>> (BTW, I got my linux PDA today!)
>> Ooh...that sounds cool. Where'd you get it? What model is it?
>
> Ebay and Zaurus SL-5500. Damn thing's pretty cool. Built in keyboard,
> handwriting recognition, full color screen, SD and Compact Flash
> support, etc. Stock out of the box it doesnt come with a terminal
> app, but one's included on the CD. Was even able to play DOOM at full
> speed on it!

Wow! Does it have built-in Wi-Fi?