Epson 900 misfeed problem

My reliable Eson stylus color 900 has developed a misfeeding problem,
It seems to take the paper about 2-3" and then no further, although it
seems to be trying to pull the paper in, the paper just sits there.

Anyone have any suggestions or sources to troublesoot this.

Red
3 answers Last reply
More about epson misfeed problem

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 16:05:35 -0400, redbike <plano@tumbleweed.com>
    wrote:

    >My reliable Eson stylus color 900 has developed a misfeeding problem,
    >It seems to take the paper about 2-3" and then no further, although it
    >seems to be trying to pull the paper in, the paper just sits there.
    >
    >Anyone have any suggestions or sources to troublesoot this.

    Check for any foriegn material in the paper path. If it is clear then
    the paper load rollers are likely dirty.

    redbike wrote:
    > My reliable Eson stylus color 900 has developed a misfeeding problem,
    > It seems to take the paper about 2-3" and then no further, although it
    > seems to be trying to pull the paper in, the paper just sits there.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestions or sources to troublesoot this.
    >
    > Red

    There may be nothing you can do - that printer is about six years old now,
    and it's quite conceivable it's come to the end of its life. I have one and
    it's still going strong, but I could just be lucky.
    lose his marbles?

    Misfeeds can manifest as the printer running paper through without
    printing on it (this occurs when the paper arrives late due to slippage,
    so it is rejected by the printer), or several attempts at feeding the
    paper without success and then the driver and printer shutting down
    (into pause mode). Most often, the problem is caused by glazing of the
    pickup paper feed wheels. Some papers use coating such as kaolin clay,
    which is very slippery, to create the special inkjet surface. As this
    surface rubs onto the paper feeding and pick up wheels, the paper slips
    more and more often, until it either caused the above mentioned
    symptoms, or the paper feeds crookedly and may even get jammed in the
    printer.

    To clean, take a piece of blotter paper or other semi-absorbant uncoated
    stock (water color paper, for instance) which is thin enough to go
    through the printer, but heavy enough to hold some liquid and not fall
    apart, and lightly spray one side with either isopropyl alcohol or
    ammoniated window cleaner, and send it through the printer several
    times, flipping it each time so the wet surface changes from top to
    bottom to top, etc., using the paper load buttons on the front of the
    printer. This usually picks up and removes residue from slick paper
    surfaces which may come off onto rollers, old ink, etc. This also can
    help in cases where the take-up paper feed wheels have become glazed
    with inkjet paper coatings, and the paper is either not feeding at all
    or entering the printer on an angle.

    By using the same method described above to clean the rollers of residue
    or ink, you can also clean the paper pick up wheels. If they are very
    glazed, you may wish to use the cleaning fluid mentioned previously on a
    foam rubber cosmetic swab, and clean each pick up roller (there are
    usually two of them) within the printer just inside of the paper feed
    area. These areas often have a mylar plastic shield which may need to
    be moved to get to the wheel for cleaning.

    After cleaning, run several pieces of scrap bond paper through to
    dry all the roller well, so your better papers aren't ruined, or don't
    transfer excessive coating back onto those rollers.

    Art

    redbike wrote:

    > My reliable Eson stylus color 900 has developed a misfeeding problem,
    > It seems to take the paper about 2-3" and then no further, although it
    > seems to be trying to pull the paper in, the paper just sits there.
    >
    > Anyone have any suggestions or sources to troublesoot this.
    >
    > Red

Printers Stylus Epson Peripherals