Problem with Asus WL-138G Network card and Windows 2000

I've recently installed an Asus WL-138G wireless network card (PCI) into a
PC running Windows 2000. The OS has all the latest service packs and patches
installed. The network card has all the latest drivers downloaded from Asus.
The network is structured using a belkin router to a 1Mb cable internet
connection.

The problem I've got is that when the PC has been up and running with a user
logged in for around 1/2 an hour, the network connection sometimes drops
out. The network tray icon shows 'cable unplugged' and using the Asus
control centre to search for the wireless network fails (can't detect any
network). I have to reset the PC in order for the Asus control centre to
re-connect automatically to the wireless network. I know the network is fine
as resetting the PC cures the problem, and another laptop connected via a
Belkin PCMCIA wireless card never has any such issues.

Anyone had any similar problems with the Asus PCI card? Does Asus have a
knowledge base / forum in which to find out about known issues?

Thanks,
Shaun.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem asus 138g network card windows 2000

    Code Developer wrote:
    > I've recently installed an Asus WL-138G wireless network card (PCI) into a
    > PC running Windows 2000. The OS has all the latest service packs and patches
    > installed. The network card has all the latest drivers downloaded from Asus.
    > The network is structured using a belkin router to a 1Mb cable internet
    > connection.
    >
    > The problem I've got is that when the PC has been up and running with a user
    > logged in for around 1/2 an hour, the network connection sometimes drops
    > out. The network tray icon shows 'cable unplugged' and using the Asus
    > control centre to search for the wireless network fails (can't detect any
    > network). I have to reset the PC in order for the Asus control centre to
    > re-connect automatically to the wireless network. I know the network is fine
    > as resetting the PC cures the problem, and another laptop connected via a
    > Belkin PCMCIA wireless card never has any such issues.
    >
    > Anyone had any similar problems with the Asus PCI card? Does Asus have a
    > knowledge base / forum in which to find out about known issues?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shaun.

    xp ?
    I expect you have failed to untick "turn off this device to save power"

    "atec" <atec77@XXhotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Code Developer wrote:
    > >
    > > Anyone had any similar problems with the Asus PCI card? Does Asus have a
    > > knowledge base / forum in which to find out about known issues?
    > >

    > xp ?

    Windows 2000 SP4.

    > I expect you have failed to untick "turn off this device to save power"

    No.

    Code Developer wrote:
    > "atec" <atec77@XXhotmail.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Code Developer wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone had any similar problems with the Asus PCI card? Does Asus have a
    >>>knowledge base / forum in which to find out about known issues?
    >>>

    >>xp ?
    >

    > Windows 2000 SP4.
    >

    >> I expect you have failed to untick "turn off this device to save power"
    >

    > No.

    you checked ?
    check the logs , should offer an indication

Asus Wireless Network Windows 2000 Network Card Wireless Networking