Thanks for replies about my RAM problem - Found the cause...

I tried the stick of RAM that I pulled out and it refused to show in
BIOS and/or in the bootup memory check so I must assume it is bad..

I never tried it on its own but I put it into slot No2 so it "should"
have bumped the total back up to 1024 mb (1 Gb) but no such luck..
Only 512 mb showed up. I decided to leave the good RAM in slot 1 and
not touch it at all - leaving well enough alone...

I might just have to phone the computer shop about this one...
1 answer Last reply
More about thanks replies problem found cause

    "Bruce Tyler" <top@bottom.au> wrote in message
    > I tried the stick of RAM that I pulled out and it refused to show in
    > BIOS and/or in the bootup memory check so I must assume it is bad..
    >
    > I never tried it on its own but I put it into slot No2 so it "should"
    > have bumped the total back up to 1024 mb (1 Gb) but no such luck..
    > Only 512 mb showed up. I decided to leave the good RAM in slot 1 and
    > not touch it at all - leaving well enough alone...
    >
    > I might just have to phone the computer shop about this one...
    np, anytime.
    if that shop has Kingmax, I would suggest it to anyone.
    So if I were you, I would ask about it.
    Denny. ;-) :-)

Overclocking Hardware RAM