Thanks for replies about my RAM problem - Found the cause...

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
July 1, 2004 12:05:46 PM

I tried the stick of RAM that I pulled out and it refused to show in
BIOS and/or in the bootup memory check so I must assume it is bad..

I never tried it on its own but I put it into slot No2 so it "should"
have bumped the total back up to 1024 mb (1 Gb) but no such luck..
Only 512 mb showed up. I decided to leave the good RAM in slot 1 and
not touch it at all - leaving well enough alone...

I might just have to phone the computer shop about this one...
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 1, 2004 9:43:22 PM

"Bruce Tyler" <top@bottom.au> wrote in message
> I tried the stick of RAM that I pulled out and it refused to show in
> BIOS and/or in the bootup memory check so I must assume it is bad..
>
> I never tried it on its own but I put it into slot No2 so it "should"
> have bumped the total back up to 1024 mb (1 Gb) but no such luck..
> Only 512 mb showed up. I decided to leave the good RAM in slot 1 and
> not touch it at all - leaving well enough alone...
>
> I might just have to phone the computer shop about this one...
np, anytime.
if that shop has Kingmax, I would suggest it to anyone.
So if I were you, I would ask about it.
Denny. ;-) :-)
!