first time water cooler

Fish

Hello, I'm a first time water cooler.

I just finished installing a Swiftech H2-8600
(http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h20-8600-0.asp) kit in a Lian-Li PC60
case.

I had a Thermalright 900U with a 120mm fan on an Abit IC7 mainboard with a
P4e 2.8 at 3.37.

Installation went fine. Although ambient is a bit high today (its hot a
muggy here in the north East), idle temp is fairly high. Certainly higher
then with the air cooler at about 50ºc with 1.4v. Running games, folding and
such them is in the mid 60's which is about as high as it got on air.

The only positive is that sound is MUCH lower which was the reason why I
went with a water cooler.

I have the pump going directly into the water block (Swiftech 6000P) --> out
into the radiator (mounted in the front of the case exhausting out the
front) --> out to the Northbridge (MCW20) cooler then up to the bleeder and
then down to the pump again.

I can add a second radiator if necessary but would rather not.

http://208.185.94.62/pics/WaterCooling001.jpg

http://208.185.94.62/pics/WaterCooling003.jpg

http://208.185.94.62/pics/WaterCooling011.jpg

Seems like an odd way to have the fans - ie. in the back and out the front
.... Did you try them the other way round - you'll probably get better temps
(would be a good idea to get rid of the stamped grill in the back as well

fish wrote:

> Hello, I'm a first time water cooler.
>
> I just finished installing a Swiftech H2-8600
> (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/h20-8600-0.asp) kit in a Lian-Li PC60
> case.

<snip>

> I have the pump going directly into the water block (Swiftech 6000P) --> out
> into the radiator (mounted in the front of the case exhausting out the
> front) --> out to the Northbridge (MCW20) cooler then up to the bleeder and
> then down to the pump again.
>
> I can add a second radiator if necessary but would rather not.
>
> http://208.185.94.62/pics/WaterCooling001.jpg
>
> http://208.185.94.62/pics/WaterCooling003.jpg
>
> http://208.185.94.62/pics/WaterCooling011.jpg

Firstly try moving the intake to the front. You want the coldest air
possible going through the rad. Secondly, you're going to need the
second rad. You're going to need it for the best results. Hook it up
in parallel with the other radiator to minimize the pressure drop though.

----------

To reply, replace 'deadfishies' with 'bigfoot.'

We live our life in our own way, never ever listen to what they say, the
kind of faith that never fades away, we are the True Believers!

It doesn't need to go in the back - just turn the fans round :)

Hi mate,

welcome to WC...

That's WAY to hot for WC.
I first started with an Aquarius III kit and my temp didn'y pass 38º
at full load. I'm using now a kit that i've build buying diferent
parts from diferent vendors and it's great... even at almost 4.0Ghz,
the cpu doesn't pass 37º.

I would try and change the circuit from pump->block->radiator to
pump->radiator->block and see if it improves temps...

Stormgiant

Asus P4P800-Deluxe
NW3000@3915 FSB261 on WC
512MB OCZ BH-5 @DDR522 2-2-2-5