Good/average temperature for a Barton 3200+ cpu?

Could anyone tell me what kind of temperature I should aim for with this
cpu? it's a barton 3200+ 400 fsb.
It's not overclocked at the moment, temperatures are around 48 degrees C at
idle, up to about 56 degrees C under load. I haven't built an AMD system in
a few years, so I'm not sure what is an average temp for it to run at. My P4
sytem rarely goes above 40 degrees at full load, I know AMD chips run
hotter, but does this sound about right?

thanks for any input, (and apologies if I double posted this, the first one
hasn't shown up and I posted it a couple of days ago)
3 answers Last reply
More about good average temperature barton 3200

    Sorry I see I posted it as a reply not a new post, please ignore this then.
    </noob>

    "+c0re-" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Could anyone tell me what kind of temperature I should aim for with this
    > cpu? it's a barton 3200+ 400 fsb.
    > It's not overclocked at the moment, temperatures are around 48 degrees C
    at
    > idle, up to about 56 degrees C under load. I haven't built an AMD system
    in
    > a few years, so I'm not sure what is an average temp for it to run at. My
    P4
    > sytem rarely goes above 40 degrees at full load, I know AMD chips run
    > hotter, but does this sound about right?
    >
    > thanks for any input, (and apologies if I double posted this, the first
    one
    > hasn't shown up and I posted it a couple of days ago)

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    "+c0re-" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Could anyone tell me what kind of temperature I should aim for with this
    > cpu? it's a barton 3200+ 400 fsb.
    > It's not overclocked at the moment, temperatures are around 48 degrees C
    at
    > idle, up to about 56 degrees C under load.

    Sounds fine to me. Mine runs about 51-53 at idle and 56-58 when crunching.
    (summer)
    43-45 and 48-50 (winter) Athlon XP 2500+

    Mark
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    I got 45 under full load with about 38 idle. (Case temps are low 30's)

Overclocking Temperature CPUs