Good/average temperature for a Barton 3200+ cpu?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 4, 2004 9:56:41 PM

Could anyone tell me what kind of temperature I should aim for with this
cpu? it's a barton 3200+ 400 fsb.
It's not overclocked at the moment, temperatures are around 48 degrees C at
idle, up to about 56 degrees C under load. I haven't built an AMD system in
a few years, so I'm not sure what is an average temp for it to run at. My P4
sytem rarely goes above 40 degrees at full load, I know AMD chips run
hotter, but does this sound about right?

thanks for any input, (and apologies if I double posted this, the first one
hasn't shown up and I posted it a couple of days ago)
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 4, 2004 9:59:56 PM

Sorry I see I posted it as a reply not a new post, please ignore this then.
</noob>

"+c0re-" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone tell me what kind of temperature I should aim for with this
> cpu? it's a barton 3200+ 400 fsb.
> It's not overclocked at the moment, temperatures are around 48 degrees C
at
> idle, up to about 56 degrees C under load. I haven't built an AMD system
in
> a few years, so I'm not sure what is an average temp for it to run at. My
P4
> sytem rarely goes above 40 degrees at full load, I know AMD chips run
> hotter, but does this sound about right?
>
> thanks for any input, (and apologies if I double posted this, the first
one
> hasn't shown up and I posted it a couple of days ago)

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 5, 2004 10:50:14 AM

"+c0re-" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone tell me what kind of temperature I should aim for with this
> cpu? it's a barton 3200+ 400 fsb.
> It's not overclocked at the moment, temperatures are around 48 degrees C
at
> idle, up to about 56 degrees C under load.

Sounds fine to me. Mine runs about 51-53 at idle and 56-58 when crunching.
(summer)
43-45 and 48-50 (winter) Athlon XP 2500+

Mark
July 6, 2004 7:17:29 AM

I got 45 under full load with about 38 idle. (Case temps are low 30's)
!