High-end configuration...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

What would be your high-end configuration? CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, Graphic
Card. Without Case, PSU, and such...
I was thinking about this:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+
ATI X800XT
RAM, 1GB, DDR, PC-3500, 433 MHz, KINGMAX (is Kingmax best brand?)
DUAL HDD MAXTOR 160 GB, serial ATA, 7200RPM, 8 MB cache

Thanks for advice (in previous post) on CPU and graphic card.
But I dont know which MB should I get.
Could you give me some advise? Thank you!

By SysCold

"SysCold" <syscold@net4u.hr> wrote in message
> What would be your high-end configuration? CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, Graphic
> Card. Without Case, PSU, and such...
> I was thinking about this:
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> ATI X800XT
> RAM, 1GB, DDR, PC-3500, 433 MHz, KINGMAX (is Kingmax best brand?)
> DUAL HDD MAXTOR 160 GB, serial ATA, 7200RPM, 8 MB cache
>

> Thanks for advice (in previous post) on CPU and graphic card.
> But I dont know which MB should I get.
> Could you give me some advise? Thank you!
>
> By SysCold

I like my 10,000RPM SATA drives; they seem somewhat
quicker ( but it may be my imagination, FarCry still takes a
while to load the first time [about a sec after that])

Luck;
Ken

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 20:10:08 +0200, SysCold wrote:

> What would be your high-end configuration? CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, Graphic
> Card. Without Case, PSU, and such...
> I was thinking about this:
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> ATI X800XT
> RAM, 1GB, DDR, PC-3500, 433 MHz, KINGMAX (is Kingmax best brand?)
> DUAL HDD MAXTOR 160 GB, serial ATA, 7200RPM, 8 MB cache

A 5000 node Beowulf Cluster would be nice :)

Alternatively, dual Opteron + U320 SCSI raid.

http://tech-report.com/reviews/2004q2/dually-opterons/index.x?pg=1

-
[H]omer

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Go for P4 Extreme Edition or AMD 64 3400+ FX 53, RAM buy Crucial ECC PC3700,
HD sata 10000 rpm.

graeme

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

"SysCold" <syscold@net4u.hr> wrote in message
> What would be your high-end configuration? CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, Graphic
> Card. Without Case, PSU, and such...
> I was thinking about this:
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> ATI X800XT
> RAM, 1GB, DDR, PC-3500, 433 MHz, KINGMAX (is Kingmax best brand?)
> DUAL HDD MAXTOR 160 GB, serial ATA, 7200RPM, 8 MB cache
>

> Thanks for advice (in previous post) on CPU and graphic card.
> But I dont know which MB should I get.
> Could you give me some advise? Thank you!

Don't neglect the PSU.

ozone

Distinguished
May 3, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

"SysCold" <syscold@net4u.hr> wrote in message
> What would be your high-end configuration? CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, Graphic
> Card. Without Case, PSU, and such...
> I was thinking about this:
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3200+
> ATI X800XT
> RAM, 1GB, DDR, PC-3500, 433 MHz, KINGMAX (is Kingmax best brand?)
> DUAL HDD MAXTOR 160 GB, serial ATA, 7200RPM, 8 MB cache
>

> Thanks for advice (in previous post) on CPU and graphic card.
> But I dont know which MB should I get.
> Could you give me some advise? Thank you!
>
> By SysCold

K8T800 Pro chipset based board or Nforce 3 250 based board.
Either Asus or Abit offerings.
Check em out and see which you feel better about.
OZoNE