Watercooling

spencer

Whats the best solution to use in a watercooled Pc.

1. Plain tap Water
2. Mineral Water
3. any other suggestions

Spence

"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message

" any other suggestions "

I suggest you read the instructions.

spencer

Just give me a sensible answer for once!

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
> "Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> " any other suggestions "
>

> I suggest you read the instructions.

Deionised water.

o Buy it from a car garage
o It is used for batteries or mixed with engine coolant

You may want to add a little automotive coolant, not to stop it freezing
or increasing boiling point - but because it has anti-corrosion additives,
and anti-mould/fungus additives in it too. Change it annually on a car,
let alone your system, as corrosion inhibitors can deplete in 9 months.

Of course, the car industry would rather sell you another car :)
--
Dorothy Bradbury

Vodka works well in my opinion :)

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:11:39 +0100, "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com>
wrote:

>"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>" any other suggestions "
>

>I suggest you read the instructions.

spencer

A bit bloody expensive.

A better suggestion than "Cuzman's"

"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

> Vodka works well in my opinion :)
>

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:11:39 +0100, "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com>
> wrote:
>
> >"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> >" any other suggestions "
> >

> >I suggest you read the instructions.

"Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> Whats the best solution to use in a watercooled Pc.
>
> 1. Plain tap Water
> 2. Mineral Water
> 3. any other suggestions
>

> Spence

You should use only distilled water (not mineral water) and add specific
anti-corrosion product, generally supplied by the cooler manufacturer.

spencer

Cheers Chaps

Down to Halfords then.

Spence

"ElJerid" <s.vanderhaeghen.nospam@pandora.be> wrote in message

> "Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Whats the best solution to use in a watercooled Pc.
> >
> > 1. Plain tap Water
> > 2. Mineral Water
> > 3. any other suggestions
> >

> > Spence
> >

> You should use only distilled water (not mineral water) and add specific
> anti-corrosion product, generally supplied by the cooler manufacturer.

minotaur

ElJerid wrote:
> "Spencer" <warthog@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>Whats the best solution to use in a watercooled Pc.
>>
>>1. Plain tap Water
>>2. Mineral Water
>>3. any other suggestions
>>

>>Spence
>>

> You should use only distilled water (not mineral water) and add specific
> anti-corrosion product, generally supplied by the cooler manufacturer.

The Super Market is the go, cheap :)