Epox 8Kha+ Question

I have an Epox 8Kha+ mobo in my system and I'd like to squeeze out as
much performance as possible. Everything that I read from Epox
indicates that the fastest CPU that it can use is an AthlonXP 2600 (266
FSB). These are pretty hard to find.

When I posted a question on an Epox NG regarding this, I got a response
that explained that the MP2800+ CPU also works with this mobo and that
it would be a better choice, especially since it's "unlocked" by
default. (Does this mean that the multiplier on this CPU is unlocked?)

Can anyone shed some light on whether this combo would work? If so,
what's the default multiplier on this CPU? Finally, what are the
chances of overclocking it a bit? My system has an already slightly
overclocked Radeon 9700 PRO, 2 sticks of 512MB Crucial PC3200 RAM, 2
Western Digital 80 Gig Hard Drives with the 8 Meg Cache, TB SantaCruz
soundcard and a 450W PS.

My present CPU is the AthlonXP 2100. How much of a performance increase
could I expect from an MP2800+, and could my existing CPU fan be re-used
with this CPU? If not, which fan would you recommend?

Lots of questions.... Thanks!

It works. The 2800+ mobile uses the 266 FSB and lower voltage The lower default
voltage and the unlocked multiplier will give you a hell of a lot more OC
options.. The XP 2800+ uses 333 FSB so that's why it won't work in the 8kha+