Water cooling? Which one?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:

Zalmas Reserator 1
http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=

Thermaltake Aquarius III
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm

Does anyone have any experience with those? I'll use it for overclocking.

Thanks....

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 01:34:00 +0200, SysCold <syscold@net4u.hr>
wrote:

>Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
>at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
>GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:
>
>Zalmas Reserator 1
>http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=

Significantly worse than the CNP-blahblahblah

>Thermaltake Aquarius III
>http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm

Not too great either.
Both are more gimmicks than good water-coolers.
If you merely want to match the CNP-blah's cooling, why not use
the CNP-blah? If it won't fit in case, just grind it down a bit.
use similar good heatsink on videocard, one with large low RPM
fan rather than tiny higher RPM fan.
Unfortunately trying for something really pretty is quite likely
to result in poor cooling results. Others don't choose ugly
parts on purpose, rather what works, within their budget.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=best+water-cooling

"SysCold" <syscold@net4u.hr> wrote in message
> Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
> at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
> GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:
>
> Zalmas Reserator 1
> http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=
>
> Thermaltake Aquarius III
> http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm
>
> Does anyone have any experience with those? I'll use it for overclocking.
>
> Thanks....

Sure you want to go for water cooling?
Don't expect better results than with the better air coolers, but...
- add the danger of water leaking
- add the additional work to make a nice integration in your system
- add the fact that you're loosing a lot of space in your case (if it all
fits in your case).
One benefit: it COULD be quiter than a good air cooler, but the new radiator
fan could also be more noisy than your air cooler because in many cases it
has to be mounted externally.
Before implementing a water cooler, read some reviews about the topic.
You'll see that the results are rather disappointing. But the choice is
yours !

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

"SysCold" <syscold@net4u.hr> wrote in message
> Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
> at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
> GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:
>
> Zalmas Reserator 1
> http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=
>
> Thermaltake Aquarius III
> http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm
>
> Does anyone have any experience with those? I'll use it for overclocking.
>
> Thanks....

I have used the aquarius 2 but havn't tried the 3 it was ok, the cooling
was not great but was a little better and a little quieter than the big cpu
fan i had on it previously.

I now have the resorator system, Its not setup yet so I can't give you my
figures but if your looking for pure cooling performance the reserator is
not the way to go. However if you want decent cooling that is silent and
does look good then the resorator is fine for you. When my new gfx card
arrives (6800ultra or x800xt, whichever ships first) I'll be using the vga
block to cool that as well and from reviews and reports from other reserator
owners it will do this and keep it a much lower temp than the stock coolers
on those gfx cards.

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

An addition to my previous post. Both systems are overclocked. The
Swiftech system has a P4 2.6C running at 3.4, and the Koolance system has a
P4 1.8 running at 2.6. The temps stated in the previous message are the
temps with the system overclocked. There is only a 2-3 degree difference
between stock and overclocked.
Silvertip
"SysCold" <syscold@net4u.hr> wrote in message
> Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
> at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
> GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:
>
> Zalmas Reserator 1
> http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=
>
> Thermaltake Aquarius III
> http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm
>
> Does anyone have any experience with those? I'll use it for overclocking.
>
> Thanks....

minotaur

SysCold wrote:
> Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
> at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
> GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:
>
> Zalmas Reserator 1
> http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=
>
> Thermaltake Aquarius III
> http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm
>
> Does anyone have any experience with those? I'll use it for overclocking.
>
> Thanks....

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/waterkit.asp

I have the Corsair Hydrocool 200X unit here, it works great *8)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Check out the Koolance Exos Al. Quiet, efficient, portable, and looks good
too.
Silvertip
"Minotaur" <antnel@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> SysCold wrote:
> > Which water cooling system would you suggest me? It MUST look nice, cool
> > at least good as Zalman CNPS700A-AlCu, and (optinal) have cooler for
> > GPU.. Here is what I was thinking about:
> >
> > Zalmas Reserator 1
> > http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=63&code=
> >
> > Thermaltake Aquarius III
> > http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/aquarius/a1681.htm
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience with those? I'll use it for
overclocking.

> > Thanks....
>
> http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/waterkit.asp
>
> I have the Corsair Hydrocool 200X unit here, it works great *8)

Eljerid,

All that is true for the normal average user, but for serious
overclockers, water is mid-way between air and prommys...

I've moved to water in February, and never going back again.

For your info :
- P4 3.0@3900 with good WC setup = 26 idle / 37 full ( @ summer temps)
- P4 3.0@3450 with Intel cooler = 33 idle / 51 full ( with a better
HSF prolly should get it to about 45 )

The two boxes sit right about next to each other...

Stormgiant

Asus P4P800-Deluxe
NW3000@3915 FSB261 on WC
512MB OCZ BH-5 @DDR522 2-2-2-5