Fan controller used for lighting control

I just got and installed the Zalman 6 channel fan controller. 2 of the
channels are controlled using 3 position switches [off, 5v, 12v]
Obviously I can run my cathode tubes through this, but I just wanted to
check; i'd wire the tubes directly into the fan controller right ?
cutting off the black box ? Im assuming the fan controller takes on the
role of the black box. This is the first time ive started to mod things
so i just wanna double check incase i screw summink up :p

thx

Genex

sonic

Nope - you'd use the fan controller to supply power to the "box"

Sonic wrote:

>> I just got and installed the Zalman 6 channel fan controller. 2 of the
>> channels are controlled using 3 position switches [off, 5v, 12v]
>> Obviously I can run my cathode tubes through this, but I just wanted
>> to check; i'd wire the tubes directly into the fan controller right ?
>> cutting off the black box ? Im assuming the fan controller takes on
>> the role of the black box. This is the first time ive started to mod
>> things so i just wanna double check incase i screw summink up :p
>>
>> thx
>>
>> Genex
>

> Nope - you'd use the fan controller to supply power to the "box"

Wouldnt the power run from the psu to the fan controller, where by its
regulated to either 12v 5v or off [dependant on swicth position] ?
thus making the black box [which im assuming transforms tha power supply
to 12v?] pointless ?