P3 1GHZ (133FSB)

lee

Hello all

I currently have a Thermaltake Thermoengine V60-4210 hsf on my P3 1ghz for
quite sometime now and I am hearing like scraping sounds coming from fan I
think its on its way out so I am wanting to know what the best hsf
replacement would be for this FCPGA processor or maybe replacing the 60mm
fan on the heatsink.

Anyone any recommendations?

TIA.
-----
Lee.

if you're running that P3 at stock speed you don't actually need a fan at
all. just a decent throughput of air in the case. i ran a P3 933 for along
time without a fan, just the intel heatsink. something to think about,
anyway.

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Lee wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I currently have a Thermaltake Thermoengine V60-4210 hsf on my P3
> 1ghz for quite sometime now and I am hearing like scraping sounds
> coming from fan I think its on its way out so I am wanting to know
> what the best hsf replacement would be for this FCPGA processor or
> maybe replacing the 60mm fan on the heatsink.
>
> Anyone any recommendations?

Any decent Socket A heatsink/fan combo will do nicely...

Thomas

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:59:35 +0200, "Thomas" <thomas_@lycos.nl> wrote:

>Lee wrote:
>> Hello all
>>
>> I currently have a Thermaltake Thermoengine V60-4210 hsf on my P3
>> 1ghz for quite sometime now and I am hearing like scraping sounds
>> coming from fan I think its on its way out so I am wanting to know
>> what the best hsf replacement would be for this FCPGA processor or
>> maybe replacing the 60mm fan on the heatsink.
>>
>> Anyone any recommendations?
>
>Any decent Socket A heatsink/fan combo will do nicely...
>
>Thomas

Cooler Master has some basic socket 370 models that are available
cheap. Check them out at www.newegg.com

lee

Thanks Thomas will have a look.

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:59:35 +0200, "Thomas" <thomas_@lycos.nl> wrote:

>:>Lee wrote:
>:>> Hello all
>:>>
>:>> I currently have a Thermaltake Thermoengine V60-4210 hsf on my P3
>:>> 1ghz for quite sometime now and I am hearing like scraping sounds
>:>> coming from fan I think its on its way out so I am wanting to know
>:>> what the best hsf replacement would be for this FCPGA processor or
>:>> maybe replacing the 60mm fan on the heatsink.
>:>>
>:>> Anyone any recommendations?
>:>
>:>Any decent Socket A heatsink/fan combo will do nicely...
>:>
>:>Thomas
>:>

-----