Memory

Hy... Im thinking of buying an amd 2500+ barton and soltek 75FRN2-l
And i was wondering should i buy 2x 256 ddr PC3500 or 1x512 couse the board
supports dual ddr(how much faster would it be an wich option is better for
overclockin) i plan to overclock
1 answer Last reply
More about memory

    "Johnny" <branimir@acer.hr> wrote in message
    > Hy... Im thinking of buying an amd 2500+ barton and soltek 75FRN2-l
    > And i was wondering should i buy 2x 256 ddr PC3500 or 1x512 couse the
    board
    > supports dual ddr(how much faster would it be an wich option is better for
    > overclockin) i plan to overclock

    I have two of these boards. One has 2 x 512Mb PC3200 in it in dual channel
    mode. The other has 2x256 and a single 512, all PC3200, and it runs in dual
    channel mode too. I don't bench all that much, but the first system I
    originally had just one 512Mb module in. It did a 3DMark03 score of 5700.
    With dual channel and an extra 512Mb module, it did 5950. No other changes.
    Barton 3200 with 9800 Pro. What I would do is go with a single 512Mb module,
    and upgrade to 1gig and dual channel a bit later when you afford the extra
    512Mb module.

Overclocking DDR Memory