Memory

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 9, 2004 3:32:36 PM

Hy... Im thinking of buying an amd 2500+ barton and soltek 75FRN2-l
And i was wondering should i buy 2x 256 ddr PC3500 or 1x512 couse the board
supports dual ddr(how much faster would it be an wich option is better for
overclockin) i plan to overclock

More about : memory

August 10, 2004 8:16:18 AM

"Johnny" <branimir@acer.hr> wrote in message
> Hy... Im thinking of buying an amd 2500+ barton and soltek 75FRN2-l
> And i was wondering should i buy 2x 256 ddr PC3500 or 1x512 couse the
board
> supports dual ddr(how much faster would it be an wich option is better for
> overclockin) i plan to overclock

I have two of these boards. One has 2 x 512Mb PC3200 in it in dual channel
mode. The other has 2x256 and a single 512, all PC3200, and it runs in dual
channel mode too. I don't bench all that much, but the first system I
originally had just one 512Mb module in. It did a 3DMark03 score of 5700.
With dual channel and an extra 512Mb module, it did 5950. No other changes.
Barton 3200 with 9800 Pro. What I would do is go with a single 512Mb module,
and upgrade to 1gig and dual channel a bit later when you afford the extra
512Mb module.
!