Guys please post me some IDLE and LOAD temp of the P4-2.8C..

Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.

"Bronney Hui" wrote
> Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.

Hi,
I have a P4 Northwood (1.625v) 2.6GHz, SP-94, AS/3 and chilly ANTEC Case
(25°C) and my CPU runs at:

29-31°C Idle
40-44°C Load
--
Wayne ][

"Bronney Hui" <bronney@netvigator.com> wrote in message
> Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.

Please read http://www.overclockers.com/articles1088/index04.asp

Although the general article is about water-cooling, Page 4 deals with
temperatures and explains why you should never try to compare temps with
others. If your system is stable, ignore the temperatures.

tool

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004

Yeah my Prescott 2.8E ran at 54C under load when I got it, "presc Hot"
as I like to call them now, I had to put a really crazy fan on it to
lower the temps now I get JUST below where your at, P4's seem to run
fine a little hotter then AMD's I think they're made to take it, so
I'd concur say you're fine.

==============

Thanks.

"Wayne Youngman" <waynes.spamtrap@tiscali.co.uk> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:4124f82f$1_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> "Bronney Hui" wrote
> > Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.
>

> Hi,
> I have a P4 Northwood (1.625v) 2.6GHz, SP-94, AS/3 and chilly ANTEC Case
> (25°C) and my CPU runs at:
>
> 29-31°C Idle
> 40-44°C Load
> --