What's the best way to OC a radeon 9800 pro?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 19, 2004 8:58:15 PM

I've got one of those r360 chipped radeon 9800 pros with a good stock
heatsink (msi) and overclock it to 412/730. What is the best way to do
this? Right now I use Atitool to load the OC'd profile at startup then
exit. Any better ways? Registry perhaps?

Thanks.

More about : radeon 9800 pro

August 20, 2004 12:15:04 AM

"yak" <spam@hormel.com> wrote in message
> I've got one of those r360 chipped radeon 9800 pros with a good stock
> heatsink (msi) and overclock it to 412/730. What is the best way to do
> this? Right now I use Atitool to load the OC'd profile at startup then
> exit. Any better ways? Registry perhaps?
>
> Thanks.

I use a program called Radlinker. The only version out there is .96 beta but
it's the final version since the person who made it isn't working on it
anymore. I like it cause that's all it does is OC the card which you do by
way of a tab called 'clock rate' under the advanced button on display
properties.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

you could try upgrading the BIOS and turning it into an XT (OK its only
128MB but it has the right core and 256bit address). then this may let you
O/C some more.

Robin

try:http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Cat=&Bo...
apters&Number=2712704&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1
Related resources
August 20, 2004 7:18:20 PM

In article <MzoVc.16$Nq1.8@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>, robin.gordon1
@ntlworld.com says...
> you could try upgrading the BIOS and turning it into an XT (OK its only
> 128MB but it has the right core and 256bit address). then this may let you
> O/C some more.
>
> Robin
>
> try:http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Cat=&Bo...
> apters&Number=2712704&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=1

I don't have a problem overclocking... The catalysts see the card as an
XT already. I was just inquiring as to the method.
August 21, 2004 9:07:52 PM

"Alceryes" <replytopost@thankyou.com> wrote in message

> "yak" <spam@hormel.com> wrote in message
>> I've got one of those r360 chipped radeon 9800 pros with a good stock
>> heatsink (msi) and overclock it to 412/730. What is the best way to do
>> this? Right now I use Atitool to load the OC'd profile at startup then
>> exit. Any better ways? Registry perhaps?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> I use a program called Radlinker. The only version out there is .96 beta
> but it's the final version since the person who made it isn't working on
> it anymore. I like it cause that's all it does is OC the card which you do
> by way of a tab called 'clock rate' under the advanced button on display
> properties.
> --
>

> "I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
> - Alceryes

Uh, Radlinker is up to version 1.013