MAME spinner question

Last response: in Video Games
June 7, 2005 1:04:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

Hi there, I have a wiring question.

I am thinking of getting the Slikstik Tornado spinner for my MAME cab
but I have one small issue. I currently have a trackball mouse on the
machine but due to space limitations on the front of the cabinet I have
turned the trackball 90 degrees and simply changed the mouse settings
orientation to match.
http://www.computerspacefan.com/trackball.JPG
It works like a charm, however if I now install a spinner, I am worried
that instead of the device controlling left<->right movement, due to
the 90 change in the mouse properties, I will be controlling up<->down
instead.
Does anyone know if the Slikstik Tornado can be rewired to control a
different orientation?
http://www.slikstik.com/spinner.htm

More about : mame spinner question

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 3:10:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

Ooops I guess I should have read lower down on that Slikstik page I
posted. It says it right there ...

ยท Switchable (axis) operation via onboard jumper.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:59:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

Did you click on the link I put? If that is still not clear to you what
a spinner is, it's a limitless rotating controller that was used in
original games like Tempest, Tron, Arkanoid, Break Out, etc.
MAME does use a mouse but it's just not as good as a spinner for these
games. The one made by Slikstik looks like a mouse interface to MAME.

Always happy to advise a newbie. We were all there once.
June 9, 2005 8:16:04 AM

computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi there, I have a wiring question.
>
> I am thinking of getting the Slikstik Tornado spinner for my MAME cab
> but I have one small issue. I currently have a trackball mouse on the
> machine but due to space limitations on the front of the cabinet I
> have turned the trackball 90 degrees and simply changed the mouse
> settings orientation to match.
> http://www.computerspacefan.com/trackball.JPG
> It works like a charm, however if I now install a spinner, I am
> worried that instead of the device controlling left<->right movement,
> due to the 90 change in the mouse properties, I will be controlling
> up<->down instead.
> Does anyone know if the Slikstik Tornado can be rewired to control a
> different orientation?
> http://www.slikstik.com/spinner.htm

I'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but I am clueless to what a spinner
is.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 11:56:05 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

Ugh .... good point. Now our poor newbie friend will be asking what the
difference is. A pot is almost the same as a spinner but it has a limit
(in other words it stops when you turn it 'all the way' in one
direction and the same the other way).
The early games like Break Out and Pong used them.
So, if you give a round controller a spin and it keeps going and going,
it is a spinner. If it reaches a point where it stops, it is a pot
(short for potentiometer, a variable resistor which the circuit uses to
know where you want the bat to move).
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:57:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote:
> Did you click on the link I put? If that is still not clear to you
> what a spinner is, it's a limitless rotating controller that was used
> in original games like Tempest, Tron, Arkanoid, Break Out, etc.
> MAME does use a mouse but it's just not as good as a spinner for these
> games. The one made by Slikstik looks like a mouse interface to MAME.
>
> Always happy to advise a newbie. We were all there once.

Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting off about
being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk, now that I have used
Usenet more and seen how top-posting really is annoying, even though Outlook
Express loves it.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 6:57:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote:
> Ugh .... good point. Now our poor newbie friend will be asking what
> the difference is. A pot is almost the same as a spinner but it has a
> limit (in other words it stops when you turn it 'all the way' in one
> direction and the same the other way).
> The early games like Break Out and Pong used them.
> So, if you give a round controller a spin and it keeps going and
> going, it is a spinner. If it reaches a point where it stops, it is a
> pot (short for potentiometer, a variable resistor which the circuit
> uses to know where you want the bat to move).

Thank you. It's always good when someone can read your mind. :-)
June 9, 2005 7:12:10 PM

* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Did you click on the link I put? If that is still not clear to
>> you what a spinner is, it's a limitless rotating controller that
>> was used in original games like Tempest, Tron, Arkanoid, Break
>> Out, etc. MAME does use a mouse but it's just not as good as a
>> spinner for these games. The one made by Slikstik looks like a
>> mouse interface to MAME.
>>
>> Always happy to advise a newbie. We were all there once.
>
> Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting
> off about being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk, now
> that I have used Usenet more and seen how top-posting really is
> annoying, even though Outlook Express loves it.

Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to the
human behind the keyboard.

--
David
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> * AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting
>> off about being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk, now
>> that I have used Usenet more and seen how top-posting really is
>> annoying, even though Outlook Express loves it
> Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to the
> human behind the keyboard.

Yeah, but it encourages stupid people to do stupid things by placing the
cursor in a stupid place
June 9, 2005 8:47:49 PM

* Hellmark Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> * AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:

>>> Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting
>>> off about being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk,
>>> now that I have used Usenet more and seen how top-posting really
>>> is annoying, even though Outlook Express loves it

>> Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to
>> the human behind the keyboard.

> Yeah, but it encourages stupid people to do stupid things by
> placing the cursor in a stupid place

Nonsense, it encourages smart people to do the right thing by
trimming as they go through the post. Putting the cursor at the
bottom is just as bad if not worse. Stupid people need no
encouragement.

--
David
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Nonsense, it encourages smart people to do the right thing by
> trimming as they go through the post. Putting the cursor at the
> bottom is just as bad if not worse. Stupid people need no
> encouragement.

But if you have to take stupid people into account and plan for them
June 9, 2005 9:11:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

* Hellmark Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Nonsense, it encourages smart people to do the right thing by
>> trimming as they go through the post. Putting the cursor at the
>> bottom is just as bad if not worse. Stupid people need no
>> encouragement.
>
> But if you have to take stupid people into account and plan for
> them

No you dont, nor can you. How does placing the cursor at the bottom
make it any better?

--
David
Anonymous

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> * Hellmark Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
>> body were:
>>> Nonsense, it encourages smart people to do the right thing by
>>> trimming as they go through the post. Putting the cursor at the
>>> bottom is just as bad if not worse. Stupid people need no
>>> encouragement.
>> But if you have to take stupid people into account and plan for
>> them
> No you dont, nor can you. How does placing the cursor at the bottom
> make it any better?

So that morons start typing there, because they dont know better, and
they'll slowly learn.

(BTW, I'm not talking the mouse cursor)
June 9, 2005 11:38:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

* Hellmark Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> * Hellmark Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
>>> his body were:
>>> But if you have to take stupid people into account and plan for
>>> them
>> No you dont, nor can you. How does placing the cursor at the
>> bottom make it any better?
>
> So that morons start typing there, because they dont know better,
> and they'll slowly learn.

OK so when I post the stats and they are ~250 lines and someone
clicks reply in their reader, they get all 250 lines of quoted text
and a cursor at the bottom so they can type "Thanks" and click post,
and this is somehow less stupid than putting the cursor at the top
and top possting?

> (BTW, I'm not talking the mouse cursor)

What would make you think _I_ was?

The bottom line is that it matter not where the software puts the
cursor, its up to the poster to do the right thing. Xnews was changed
to place the cursor at the top after may years of it defaulting to
the bottom for jsut the reason described.

--
David
June 10, 2005 12:03:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER wrote:

Snipped

> The bottom line is that it matter not where the software puts the
> cursor, its up to the poster to do the right thing. Xnews was changed
> to place the cursor at the top after may years of it defaulting to
> the bottom for just the reason described.

Personally I dont think it really matters. As long as the user knows the
conventions that you are supposed to use on usenet. The problem is,
when anyone joins newsgroups, you do not know you are supposed to
'research' how to behave and how to post, you do not know what a FAQ is,
what trolls are etc.

Worrying where the cursor goes is the least of some hapless newbies
problems. Mozilla Thunderbird puts the cursor at the bottom BTW!

MCR
June 10, 2005 12:13:41 AM

* MCR Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER wrote:
>
> Snipped
>
>> The bottom line is that it matter not where the software puts the
>> cursor, its up to the poster to do the right thing. Xnews was
>> changed to place the cursor at the top after may years of it
>> defaulting to the bottom for just the reason described.
>
> Personally I dont think it really matters. As long as the user
> knows the conventions that you are supposed to use on usenet.

Which is all I have been saying.

> The
> problem is, when anyone joins newsgroups, you do not know you are
> supposed to 'research' how to behave and how to post, you do not
> know what a FAQ is, what trolls are etc.

That depends. When I first got on the net my ISP at the time made
those things clear. ISP's now care less about the qaulity of its
users and more about the quantity of them. All this said, finding
Usenet was a much different prospect many years ago and on the way
there you found the 'rules'.

--
David
June 10, 2005 12:48:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

> original games like Tempest, Tron, Arkanoid, Break Out, etc.

Breakout used a pot :)
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:24:33 AM

"SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
> Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to the
> human behind the keyboard.

Not entirely true. One of the more annoying behaviors of OE is to dump the
signature above the quoted post, which is asking a lazy person to top-post.
However, with OEQuoteFix, the quote is placed at the bottom, the seperator
is redone so that signature-snipping newsreaders can read it, and a bunch of
other nice news-friendly things are done. It can be downloaded at
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/.
--
Chris Lemon
clemon79@comcast.net

> --
> David
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:59:48 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> * Hellmark wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
>> were:
>>> The bottom line is that it matter not where the software puts the
>>> cursor, its up to the poster to do the right thing. Xnews was changed
>>> to place the cursor at the top after may years of it defaulting to
>>> the bottom for jsut the reason described.
>> Yeah, but problem is, many people starting out anymore are completely
>> clueless and don't know how things are. Simple nudges here and there seem
>> to help
> But that has nothing to do with cursor placement...

I'd say that'd qualify as a nudge, same as how some programs (Pan and a
few others I've tried) tell you if you have too little nonquoted text.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 5:34:57 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

"AnonyMouse" <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in

> computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Did you click on the link I put? If that is still not clear to you
>> what a spinner is, it's a limitless rotating controller that was used
>> in original games like Tempest, Tron, Arkanoid, Break Out, etc.
>> MAME does use a mouse but it's just not as good as a spinner for these
>> games. The one made by Slikstik looks like a mouse interface to MAME.
>>
>> Always happy to advise a newbie. We were all there once.
>
> Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting off
> about being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk, now that I
> have used Usenet more and seen how top-posting really is annoying, even
> though Outlook Express loves it.

Now you just need to get yourself a decent news reader 'Mouse. :)

A few folk in here use Xnews (Google it to find links) but there are lots
of readers that others use too. Find one that you're happy with but dump OE
for news. As you said, you're getting more used to usenet so time to make
another jump to a better reader.

FYI: It took me awhile to get used to xnews from OE. But now I wouldn't use
any other reader. I also have no idea of about 90% of what xnews can do but
I don't need to to use it.

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 7:50:32 AM

Hellmark wrote:
> SINNER's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Nonsense, it encourages smart people to do the right thing by
>> trimming as they go through the post. Putting the cursor at the
>> bottom is just as bad if not worse. Stupid people need no
>> encouragement.
>
> But if you have to take stupid people into account and plan for them

I agree, most newbies start with OE as their first newsreader.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 7:51:56 AM

MCR wrote:
> SINNER wrote:
>
> Snipped
>
>> The bottom line is that it matter not where the software puts the
>> cursor, its up to the poster to do the right thing. Xnews was changed
>> to place the cursor at the top after may years of it defaulting to
>> the bottom for just the reason described.
>
> Personally I dont think it really matters. As long as the user knows
> the conventions that you are supposed to use on usenet. The problem
> is, when anyone joins newsgroups, you do not know you are supposed to
> 'research' how to behave and how to post, you do not know what a FAQ
> is, what trolls are etc.
>
> Worrying where the cursor goes is the least of some hapless newbies
> problems. Mozilla Thunderbird puts the cursor at the bottom BTW!
>
> MCR

But you, like I on my computer that uses it instead of OE, can always
configure it to put the cursor at the top.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 7:54:36 AM

Alex Devlin wrote:
> "AnonyMouse" <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in
>
>> computerspacefan@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> Did you click on the link I put? If that is still not clear to you
>>> what a spinner is, it's a limitless rotating controller that was
>>> used in original games like Tempest, Tron, Arkanoid, Break Out, etc.
>>> MAME does use a mouse but it's just not as good as a spinner for
>>> these games. The one made by Slikstik looks like a mouse interface
>>> to MAME.
>>>
>>> Always happy to advise a newbie. We were all there once.
>>
>> Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting off
>> about being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk, now that I
>> have used Usenet more and seen how top-posting really is annoying,
>> even though Outlook Express loves it.
>>

> Now you just need to get yourself a decent news reader 'Mouse. :)
>
> A few folk in here use Xnews (Google it to find links) but there are
> lots of readers that others use too. Find one that you're happy with
> but dump OE for news. As you said, you're getting more used to usenet
> so time to make another jump to a better reader.
>
> FYI: It took me awhile to get used to xnews from OE. But now I
> wouldn't use any other reader. I also have no idea of about 90% of
> what xnews can do but I don't need to to use it.

I even installed Xnews once...but I have a virus on my computer that will be
removed as soon as I can backup and format my hard drive which is keeping
any programs installed after a certain date from accessing the Internet
connection. Outlook Express got in before the virus got installed, Xnews is
unfortunately too late. :-(
June 10, 2005 9:53:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

AnonyMouse wrote:

Re: Thunderbird settings

> But you, like I on my computer that uses it instead of OE, can always
> configure it to put the cursor at the top.

Where is the setting?
June 10, 2005 9:56:04 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

AnonyMouse wrote:
Snipped

> I even installed Xnews once...but I have a virus on my computer that will be
> removed as soon as I can backup and format my hard drive which is keeping
> any programs installed after a certain date from accessing the Internet
> connection. Outlook Express got in before the virus got installed, Xnews is
> unfortunately too late. :-(

Which is Damn strange as virus writers usually target OE and IE, not
every other system leaving OE and IE alone!
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:57:17 PM

AnonyMouse wrote:

> I even installed Xnews once...but I have a virus on my computer that will be
> removed as soon as I can backup and format my hard drive which is keeping
> any programs installed after a certain date from accessing the Internet
> connection. Outlook Express got in before the virus got installed, Xnews is
> unfortunately too late. :-(

Geez, how many times have you told us about your virus? Fix it already.
Would you drive a car with a flat?
--
FSogol
June 10, 2005 4:15:49 PM

* Chris Lemon wrote in alt.games.mame:
> "SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
>> Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to the
>> human behind the keyboard.

> Not entirely true. One of the more annoying behaviors of OE is to dump the
> signature above the quoted post, which is asking a lazy person to top-post.
> However, with OEQuoteFix, the quote is placed at the bottom, the seperator
> is redone so that signature-snipping newsreaders can read it, and a bunch of
> other nice news-friendly things are done. It can be downloaded at
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/.

Latest patches to OE resolve that without Quotefix. But I do agree that
in cases where it is not patched, a sig at the top is certainly a
greater invitation to toppost than cursor placement.
--
David
Anything cut to length will be too short.

>>> Yes...sadly. :-) It's hard to believe that I used to be blasting off
>>> about being a proud top-poster. Now even I say that stunk, now that I
>>> have used Usenet more and seen how top-posting really is annoying,
>>> even though Outlook Express loves it.
>>>

>> Now you just need to get yourself a decent news reader 'Mouse. :)
>>
>> A few folk in here use Xnews (Google it to find links) but there are
>> lots of readers that others use too. Find one that you're happy with
>> but dump OE for news. As you said, you're getting more used to usenet
>> so time to make another jump to a better reader.
>>
>> FYI: It took me awhile to get used to xnews from OE. But now I
>> wouldn't use any other reader. I also have no idea of about 90% of
>> what xnews can do but I don't need to to use it.
>
> I even installed Xnews once...but I have a virus on my computer that
> will be removed as soon as I can backup and format my hard drive which
> is keeping any programs installed after a certain date from accessing
> the Internet connection. Outlook Express got in before the virus got
> installed, Xnews is unfortunately too late. :-(

Download AVG Free edition and see if that finds the virus. If not then if
you know the name of it search and see if you can find a removal tool.

Are you sure it's a virus and not something screwed up in your system?

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:21:42 PM

Alex Devlin wrote:

> Are you sure it's a virus and not something screwed up in your head?

Hmm, that's what I was thinking. ;)
--
FSogol
Anonymous

FSogol <FSogol@nospamplease.org> wrote in news:11aj3a5ghoevq55
@corp.supernews.com:

> Alex Devlin wrote:
>

>> Are you sure it's a virus and not something screwed up in your head?
>>
> Hmm, that's what I was thinking. ;)

Hey, no putting words in my mouth ;)

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 5:14:06 PM

Alex Devlin wrote:

>>>Are you sure it's a virus and not something screwed up in your head?
>>
>>Hmm, that's what I was thinking. ;)
>
> Hey, no putting words in my &*%$ ;)

Hey Whoa! There are kids reading this stuff. ;)

--
FSogol
Anonymous

MCR wrote:
> AnonyMouse wrote:
>
> Re: Thunderbird settings
>
>> But you, like I on my computer that uses it instead of OE, can always
>> configure it to put the cursor at the top.
>>

> Where is the setting?

It's in the Options dialog box.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 8:53:07 PM

Chris Lemon wrote:
> "SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
>> Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to the
>> human behind the keyboard.
>
> Not entirely true. One of the more annoying behaviors of OE is to
> dump the signature above the quoted post, which is asking a lazy
> person to top-post. However, with OEQuoteFix, the quote is placed at
> the bottom, the seperator is redone so that signature-snipping
> newsreaders can read it, and a bunch of other nice news-friendly
> things are done. It can be downloaded at
> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/.
>

>> --
>> David

I use OEQUOTEFIX myself...and I can say that it works well. There is an
option to put the cursor at the top too. Also, thank you for posting the
link, I had forgotten it unfortunately, but now I can refer people to it
when they ask me about that sort of thing on another newsgroup.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 8:53:45 PM

SINNER wrote:
> * Chris Lemon wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> "SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
>>> Outlook Express knows nothing of top or bottom posting, its up to
>>> the human behind the keyboard.
>
>> Not entirely true. One of the more annoying behaviors of OE is to
>> dump the signature above the quoted post, which is asking a lazy
>> person to top-post. However, with OEQuoteFix, the quote is placed at
>> the bottom, the seperator is redone so that signature-snipping
>> newsreaders can read it, and a bunch of other nice news-friendly
>> things are done. It can be downloaded at
>> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/.
>
> Latest patches to OE resolve that without Quotefix. But I do agree
> that in cases where it is not patched, a sig at the top is certainly a
> greater invitation to toppost than cursor placement.

Not exactly. Look at how nice my message is with Quotefix. OE doens't do
that no matter what patches you have.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 8:54:33 PM

Alex Devlin wrote:
> "AnonyMouse" <send_me_some_spam@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in

>>> Now you just need to get yourself a decent news reader 'Mouse. :)
>>>
>>> A few folk in here use Xnews (Google it to find links) but there are
>>> lots of readers that others use too. Find one that you're happy with
>>> but dump OE for news. As you said, you're getting more used to
>>> usenet so time to make another jump to a better reader.
>>>
>>> FYI: It took me awhile to get used to xnews from OE. But now I
>>> wouldn't use any other reader. I also have no idea of about 90% of
>>> what xnews can do but I don't need to to use it.
>>
>> I even installed Xnews once...but I have a virus on my computer that
>> will be removed as soon as I can backup and format my hard drive
>> which is keeping any programs installed after a certain date from
>> accessing the Internet connection. Outlook Express got in before the
>> virus got installed, Xnews is unfortunately too late. :-(
>>

> Download AVG Free edition and see if that finds the virus. If not
> then if you know the name of it search and see if you can find a
> removal tool.
>
> Are you sure it's a virus and not something screwed up in your system?

The virus is keeping antivirus from working. I'm just going to have to
reformat, then install that AVG you talked about and then everything should
stay OK.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 8:55:21 PM

FSogol wrote:

>>> Hmm, that's what I was thinking. ;)
>>
>> Hey, no putting words in my &*%$ ;)
>
> Hey Whoa! There are kids reading this stuff. ;)

Who says there are kids on this discussion group? Who? I don't think many
kids even know about MAME.
June 10, 2005 9:01:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> SINNER wrote:
>> * Chris Lemon wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>> "SINNER" <arcade.master@googlemail.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> Not entirely true. One of the more annoying behaviors of OE is
>>> to dump the signature above the quoted post, which is asking a
>>> lazy person to top-post. However, with OEQuoteFix, the quote is
>>> placed at the bottom, the seperator is redone so that
>>> signature-snipping newsreaders can read it, and a bunch of other
>>> nice news-friendly things are done. It can be downloaded at
>>> http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/.
>>
>> Latest patches to OE resolve that without Quotefix. But I do
>> agree that in cases where it is not patched, a sig at the top is
>> certainly a greater invitation to toppost than cursor placement.
>
> Not exactly.

Not exactly what?

> Look at how nice my message is with Quotefix. OE
> doens't do that no matter what patches you have.

Nobody said it did.

Is English your first language?

--
David
Anonymous

SINNER wrote:
> * AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> SINNER wrote:

>>> Latest patches to OE resolve that without Quotefix. But I do
>>> agree that in cases where it is not patched, a sig at the top is
>>> certainly a greater invitation to toppost than cursor placement.
>>
>> Not exactly.
>
> Not exactly what?
>
>> Look at how nice my message is with Quotefix. OE
>> doens't do that no matter what patches you have.
>
> Nobody said it did.
>
> Is English your first language?

I was saying that OE cannot do that without Quotefix.

And yes, English is my first and only language but I want to learn Spanish
too.
June 10, 2005 9:26:31 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

* AnonyMouse Wrote in alt.games.mame:

>> Not exactly what?
>>
>>> Look at how nice my message is with Quotefix. OE
>>> doens't do that no matter what patches you have.
>>
>> Nobody said it did.
>>
>> Is English your first language?
>
> I was saying that OE cannot do that without Quotefix.

But that is incorrect.

--
David
Anonymous

AnonyMouse wrote:
> FSogol wrote:

>>>Hey, no putting words in my &*%$ ;)
>>
>>Hey Whoa! There are kids reading this stuff. ;)
>

> Who says there are kids on this discussion group? Who? I don't think many
> kids even know about MAME.

Ummmmm.....heLLO! I built a PSX2PCx4 interface just so I could kick all
three of my boys butts at the same time. I also keep having to make
copies of AdvanceCD for all their friends. 'Nuff said?

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

distinguish@trivalvularr.com
evictor@Primulae.net
boxfish@Trophonian.enspherea.com
jiqui@cantics.com
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:50:36 AM

NONONONONONONO!!!!! */First/* try http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
first. Or http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/ or
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx or ..... Get it?

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

toxinosis@illusivelya.com
presager@protonephridialk.gi
fruitcake@quailj.gov
mitty@phytogeographicaly.com
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:59:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,alt.games.mame (More info?)

AnonyMouse's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> The virus is keeping antivirus from working. I'm just going to have to
> reformat, then install that AVG you talked about and then everything should
> stay OK.

Typically they dont block all AV apps, just some specific ones. I really
doubt there's a virus doing that to your system.
June 11, 2005 12:00:55 PM

FSogol wrote:

> AnonyMouse wrote:
>

>> I even installed Xnews once...but I have a virus on my computer that
>> will be
>> removed as soon as I can backup and format my hard drive which is keeping
>> any programs installed after a certain date from accessing the Internet
>> connection. Outlook Express got in before the virus got installed,
>> Xnews is
>> unfortunately too late. :-(
>>

> Geez, how many times have you told us about your virus? Fix it already.
> Would you drive a car with a flat?

LOL! My thoughts exactly. If I got infected with a virus I would try
my best to wipe it immediately or i'd wipe Windows. I certainly wouldnt
let it just sit on my system!

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making