Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Where do I begin? Time to overclock.....

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 21, 2004 10:06:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

I've read enough to get me pumped up about overclocking, but I don't know
where to begin. I know it's a really really in depth project. I guess all of
you has been where I'm at right now ..... brand new beginner and clueless.
LOL I'm running XP Pro Service Pack 1 and my equipment is as follows:

Processor
Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

Performance Rating : PR2626 (estimated)
Type : Standard
L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous ATC (8-way sectored, 64 byte line
size)

Mainboard
Bus(es) : X-Bus AGP PCI IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
MP APIC : Yes
System BIOS : Intel Corp. MV85010A.86A.0069.P25.0304170949
System : Alienware
Mainboard : Intel Corporation D850EMV2
Total Memory : 1023MB RDRAM

Chipset 1
Model : Intel Corporation 82850/E Host-Hub Interface Bridge Device (A3-step)
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 1024MB RDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 399MHz (798MHz data rate)

Chipset 1
Model : Intel Corporation 82850/E Host-Hub Interface Bridge Device (A3-step)
Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
Total Memory : 1024MB RDRAM
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 399MHz (798MHz data rate)

Video System
Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor
Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT
Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT - Secondary

Boot Drive: Hard Disk : WDC WD74 0GD-00FLA1 SCSI Disk Device (69.2GB)

Storage Drive: Hard Disk : Maxtor 6 Y160P0 SCSI Disk Device (152.7GB)

MultiMedia Device(s)
Device : Creative SB Audigy

I can provide any additional information necessary. Feel free to use my
email address. Someone please point me in the right direction.....

Many thanks in advance, Rob.

More about : begin time overclock

August 22, 2004 12:22:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

I don't believe you can oc Intel motherboards.

"Rob" <rbaysinger@cox.net> wrote in message
news:eAQVc.11121$ni.10876@okepread01...
> I've read enough to get me pumped up about overclocking, but I don't know
> where to begin. I know it's
> areallyreallyindepthproject.Iguessallof
> you has been where I'm at right now ..... brand new beginner andclueless.
> LOL I'm running XP Pro Service Pack 1 and my equipment is as follows:
>
> Processor
> Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
>
> Performance Rating : PR2626 (estimated)
> Type : Standard
> L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous ATC (8-way sectored, 64 byte
> line
> size)
>
> Mainboard
> Bus(es) : X-Bus AGP PCI IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
> MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
> MP APIC : Yes
> System BIOS : Intel Corp. MV85010A.86A.0069.P25.0304170949
> System : Alienware
> Mainboard : Intel Corporation D850EMV2
> Total Memory : 1023MB RDRAM
>
> Chipset 1
> Model : Intel Corporation 82850/E Host-Hub Interface Bridge Device
> (A3-step)
> Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
> Total Memory : 1024MB RDRAM
> Memory Bus Speed : 2x 399MHz (798MHz data rate)
>
> Chipset 1
> Model : Intel Corporation 82850/E Host-Hub Interface Bridge Device
> (A3-step)
> Front Side Bus Speed : 4x 133MHz (532MHz data rate)
> Total Memory : 1024MB RDRAM
> Memory Bus Speed : 2x 399MHz (798MHz data rate)
>
> Video System
> Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor
> Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT
> Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT - Secondary
>
> Boot Drive: Hard Disk : WDC WD74 0GD-00FLA1 SCSI Disk Device (69.2GB)
>
> Storage Drive: Hard Disk : Maxtor 6 Y160P0 SCSI Disk Device (152.7GB)
>
> MultiMedia Device(s)
> Device : Creative SB Audigy
>
> I can provide any additional information necessary. Feel free to use my
> email address. Someone please point me in the right direction.....
>
> Many thanks in advance, Rob.
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2004 12:24:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

> Processor
> Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
>
You could upgrade this to the highest 533fsb chip [i forget what that is]

> System BIOS : Intel Corp. MV85010A.86A.0069.P25.0304170949
> System : Alienware
> Mainboard : Intel Corporation D850EMV2
> Total Memory : 1023MB RDRAM
>
I dont think youre going to be able to overclock an intel board. Alienware
have probably already tweaked as far as it will go.
Also, you have RDRAM, which is expensive to replace if you nuke it.

> Video System
> Monitor/Panel : Plug and Play Monitor
> Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT
> Adapter : RADEON 9800 XT - Secondary
>

You should be able to overclock the video card. Google for the right
software to change clock frequencys.

> Boot Drive: Hard Disk : WDC WD74 0GD-00FLA1 SCSI Disk Device (69.2GB)
>
> Storage Drive: Hard Disk : Maxtor 6 Y160P0 SCSI Disk Device (152.7GB)
>
Dont play with SCSI settings, theres an easy way to mash things up



hamman
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2004 10:45:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"Rob" <rbaysinger@cox.net> wrote in message
news:eAQVc.11121$ni.10876@okepread01...
> I've read enough to get me pumped up about overclocking, but I don't know
> where to begin. I know it's a really really in depth project. I guess all
of
> you has been where I'm at right now ..... brand new beginner and clueless.
> LOL I'm running XP Pro Service Pack 1 and my equipment is as follows:
>
> Processor
> Model : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz

If you REALLY want to play; dump the Pentium and go AMD.

Get a motherboard with an NForce2 chipset.

My condolences on RDRAM, it's good; but turned out about as popular as the
Sony Beta standard for VCR's a hunnerd years ago. Sell it on Ebay or find a
friend to unload it on and get some DDR.
Reuse the rest of your hardware, Newegg should be able to get you up and
playing for less than 150 bucks total. (maybe 200 or so with memory)

Mark
--
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
!