Wich cooler should I use to overclock a 2.6Ghz into a 3.4G..

Hello.
I have the following system....

Antec True 550W PSU
ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
2 x 512MB DDR400Mhz Kingston
2 x 80GB Maxtor 8MB Cache IDE
Geforce4 Ti4200 4X 128MB DDR (Plays DOOM 3 and FarCry better then Geforce
FX5200 8X 128MB DDR I had before)
Intel Pentium IV 2.6Ghz 800FSB 512K Northwood.

So what do I want the cooler for?????
I was told and I also so it on the internet that I can overclock this CPU by
30% with my ASUS that's maximum so that I can have a PIV 3.4 running however
I was told as well to not use the normal Intel heatsink that comes with the
CPU otherwise it'll frie.
So I was wondering is this a good cooler???? (Link Bellow)

http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=16953&cat=250

If not can you guys point me out a good one and maybe a link for a store
whithin the U.K so that I can have as soon as possible????

Thanks in advance to everybody.

Best regards
Carlos

If you are sticking with air cooling, then the *only* heatsink you should
consider is the Thermalright SP-94 with a 92mm fan.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Thermalright_120.html

I tried this on my P4C 3.0@3.6GHz and it brought my idle temps down from 43
to 33C. Full load temps during the recent UK hot weather still went up to
60C though, then it would lock up.

I only had used it for a couple of weeks while I was waiting for my
watercooling gear to arrive. Now it idles at 27-33, full load 29-35 *and*
it's very quiet.

Stu.

"Arruda" <newsgroups@carlos-arruda.com> wrote in message
> Hello.
> I have the following system....
>
> Antec True 550W PSU
> ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard
> 2 x 512MB DDR400Mhz Kingston
> 2 x 80GB Maxtor 8MB Cache IDE
> Geforce4 Ti4200 4X 128MB DDR (Plays DOOM 3 and FarCry better then Geforce
> FX5200 8X 128MB DDR I had before)
> Intel Pentium IV 2.6Ghz 800FSB 512K Northwood.
>
> So what do I want the cooler for?????
> I was told and I also so it on the internet that I can overclock this CPU
by
> 30% with my ASUS that's maximum so that I can have a PIV 3.4 running
however
> I was told as well to not use the normal Intel heatsink that comes with
the
> CPU otherwise it'll frie.
> So I was wondering is this a good cooler???? (Link Bellow)
>
> http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=16953&cat=250
>
> If not can you guys point me out a good one and maybe a link for a store
> whithin the U.K so that I can have as soon as possible????
>
> Thanks in advance to everybody.
>
> Best regards
> Carlos

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:44:58 +0100, "Stuart Gibson" <no e-mail
address> wrote:

> If you are sticking with air cooling, then the *only* heatsink you
> should consider is the Thermalright SP-94 with a 92mm fan.

Very good cooler!
Test: http://www.hardwaretidende.dk/hard/artikel/03/10/10/5075375

I use SP-94 for my P4C (Northwood) 3.2 GHz overclocked to 3.52 GHz.
Normally the temp is 36°C and goes up to 49°C some times.
CPU 92mm fan (Papst 3412NGL) at 1500 rpm (very quiet).
Q-fan set at 12/16 in BIOS.
Room temp: 24°C Motherboard temp: 33°C
Motherboard: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.
PSU: Antec TruePower 550W
Case Lian-Li PC-68:
http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710476/docs/pcny21se.html

UK hot weather ???, did it got upto 30c ???

Try 45c Aussieland is much much hotter in summer :)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:57:15 +0200, Ken <___ken3@telia.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:44:58 +0100, "Stuart Gibson" <no e-mail
>address> wrote:
>
>> If you are sticking with air cooling, then the *only* heatsink you
>> should consider is the Thermalright SP-94 with a 92mm fan.
>
>Very good cooler!
>Test: http://www.hardwaretidende.dk/hard/artikel/03/10/10/5075375
>
>I use SP-94 for my P4C (Northwood) 3.2 GHz overclocked to 3.52 GHz.
>Normally the temp is 36°C and goes up to 49°C some times.
>CPU 92mm fan (Papst 3412NGL) at 1500 rpm (very quiet).
>Q-fan set at 12/16 in BIOS.
>Room temp: 24°C Motherboard temp: 33°C
>Motherboard: ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.
>PSU: Antec TruePower 550W
>Case Lian-Li PC-68:
>http://w1.857.telia.com/~u85710476/docs/pcny21se.html

HELLO NURSE.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:30:08 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

> Try 45c Aussieland is much much hotter in summer :)

Ouch! Much cooler here in Sweden! :)
25-30°C in the "hot" summer. Never over 35°C

Ken wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:30:08 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>Try 45c Aussieland is much much hotter in summer :)
>

> Ouch! Much cooler here in Sweden! :)
> 25-30°C in the "hot" summer. Never over 35°C

Never over 35? Gee, that's just a typical summer day here in south central
Texas.

On the other hand, I point out that I don't have to shovel the heat out of
my driveway in the morning ;)

Right. Living in the desert here in Nevada, at least it's a dry heat. We
actuall had a cool spell here recently. Dropped all the way down to 40c for
a couple of days.
Silvertip
"David Maynard" <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in message
Ken wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 14:30:08 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>>Try 45c Aussieland is much much hotter in summer :)
>

> Ouch! Much cooler here in Sweden! :)
> 25-30°C in the "hot" summer. Never over 35°C

Never over 35? Gee, that's just a typical summer day here in south central
Texas.

On the other hand, I point out that I don't have to shovel the heat out of
my driveway in the morning ;)

pretty much any of the thermalright coolers from the slk800 up to the xp120
or a zalman CNPS7000A.