Overclocking affects on Graphics Card

Hey all,

Extremely stupid question.

I am wanting to overclock my clock from 200 to 250, will it
automatically overclock my graphics card like it does memory, or is
that done seperately?

I am using:

MSI K8N Neo Platinum
AMD 64 3200+
Crucial Ballistix PC3200 overclocked to DDR500
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

I plan on overclocking my graphics card eventually, but first I would
like to get a replacement heatsink/fan and memory heatsinks.

Thanks for all your help,

Rich
1 answer Last reply
More about overclocking affects graphics card

    No overclocking the CPU won't overclock the graphics card.
    Depending on whether or not your board has a locked pci and agp bus it may
    overclock the agp bus speed, which could result in graphics instability, but
    it won't overclock the graphics core or memory clock speeds.

    "Rich Lowe" <xodin@laww.biz> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Extremely stupid question.
    >
    > I am wanting to overclock my clock from 200 to 250, will it
    > automatically overclock my graphics card like it does memory, or is
    > that done seperately?
    >
    > I am using:
    >
    > MSI K8N Neo Platinum
    > AMD 64 3200+
    > Crucial Ballistix PC3200 overclocked to DDR500
    > Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
    >
    > I plan on overclocking my graphics card eventually, but first I would
    > like to get a replacement heatsink/fan and memory heatsinks.
    >
    > Thanks for all your help,
    >
    > Rich

Overclocking Graphics Cards