Problems running server applications on wireless

I am using a Toshiba A45 Laptop with XP Home. I use a linksys Wireless
router at my work place (WRT54G) and a Dlink 514 router at home.

Every thing works fine as long as my laptop is working as a client using
wireless network. I can go out and connect to any host within the LAN and the
Internet. But when I run server applications such as FTP or VNC server I
cannot connect from other machines to the laptop which are on ethernet (CAT5
cables). in fact I cannot ping from other hosts to my laptop.
I see this both at home and at work. nobody can connect to my laptop . I am
not running Windows firewall. The service is disabled. I see there that there
is no explicite rule on the routers which may disable connections from LAN to
wireless.

Anyone has a solution for this?
Thanks.

I have found the solution to this!!! The answer was there if I had scrolled
down a bit in this forum. I disabled my Cisco VPN service. This service needs
to run if you are using the Cisco VPN client.