Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Blizzard Pushes Out Small Diablo III 1.0.3a Patch

Last response: in News comments
June 27, 2012 3:21:11 AM

Why are you reporting game patches? I'm sure the people that play the game already visit the official site / forums, or visit diablofans.com, and the people that don't play probably don't care. Just saying.
Score
June 27, 2012 3:36:36 AM

As previous poster said, Why are you giving every single update about Diablo 3? I don`t play that game anymore, it is very boring game... Do you get any money by these "unintentional and unconcious" advertisements?
Score
June 27, 2012 3:50:43 AM

Everyone who's interested in video-games, already check their favorite sources for video-game news. No need to clutter Tom's news with these.
Score
June 27, 2012 3:51:47 AM

I think there's probably multiple TH's D3 raiding parties in TH's upper management... oh well, I play the game so I don't mind, but I can see how it would be annoying to others
Score
June 27, 2012 4:01:13 AM

Diablo 3 is complete trash. Blizzard's new cash cow for all the babygamers who dont realize how they keep destroying builds to make you rebuy gear on RMAH.
Score
June 27, 2012 4:25:39 AM

How I know I suck as much as this article: I clicked the link to it.
Score
June 27, 2012 4:38:52 AM

They're posting it to get your comments about the patch and general rants about the game. Get a clue. And if you don't understand that and the reason for it, why are YOU here in the first place?
Score
June 27, 2012 5:05:30 AM

Don't think it is that hard to figure out. This is all bout getting as many site visit rate as possible, even if it means posting junks like this.
Score
June 27, 2012 5:13:19 AM

"exploits have also been patched… sorry cheaters"

Thats not cheating...

Score
June 27, 2012 6:06:24 AM

Catherina, nobody cares about game patch reporting and poor game design is not a cheat esp. when you are trying to play it on your own.
Score
June 27, 2012 6:11:00 AM

christarpWhy are you reporting game patches? I'm sure the people that play the game already visit the official site / forums, or visit diablofans.com, and the people that don't play probably don't care. Just saying.

hmmm... biggest pc only game in years, and reporting on patches that change content early on in the cycle... i cant see why this would be considered news or even worth watching... well besides BIGGEST PC GAME IN YEARS, or POSSIBLE DUMBING DOWN OF PC ONLY GAMES

see you dont get it. this game could define how pc games are made. if people still play after making the game easier, do you think people will make a truly hard pc game any more? there arent many people on the pc, and if people want an easier game, it may sell more.

lets put it this way, the early game patches and the backlash or lack of any of them get could set the tone of pc gaming from here on out.

confish21"exploits have also been patched… sorry cheaters"Thats not cheating...

depends on the exploit. if you could force a glitch on an end game boss and kill it, and that glitch is hard to initiate and you have to knowingly force it, than yes, that is a cheat. take a look at kerafyrm from everquest. the first kill of that mob was done using an exploit, which caused i believe a very high end guild to effectively ban of every player, im a little foggy on the details.
Score
June 27, 2012 6:36:33 AM

To those who felt this wasn't relevant news:

As Diablo III has been one of the most anticipated PC games for the past decade, I feel that reporting on the early design patches would be relevant and interesting news to some of the audience. I'm sorry you feel so strongly about not caring about Diablo III and I appreciate the feedback. There's always the option to leave these stories alone to those who do care to read about Diablo III news.

- Catherine Cai
Score
June 27, 2012 6:44:48 AM

To me it's not a matter of caring about diablo. I play it, I do care, but still I am shocked to see tom's follow every patch and updates to patches so closely. I have not know tom's to do this for any other game and simply finds it a bit biased
Score
June 27, 2012 6:56:16 AM

For those wondering if they fixed drop rates in act 3/4 inferno, NOPE!

According to a forum mod they are fixing it in 1.0.3b which is "supposed" to come out later this week.

Cheers!
Score
June 27, 2012 6:56:36 AM

All that concerns me is unspecified gold and service expolits, They better not have nerfed goldfind AGAIN, Expecting me to buy gold off RMAH instead of grinding/farming for it for free, When all I ever wanted to do was play this single player and clock it on hardest difficulty. That is looking more and more impossible as they try and get people into co op play just to be able to beat it, Once again they need to get over WoW
This is not an MMO Blizzard don't ruin it trying to milk it like WoW.
Path of Exile is looking better and better everyday when new patches/nerfs unfold in Diablo 3 on a regular basis!
Score
June 27, 2012 7:33:02 AM

It's hard to imagine that I only played D3 for about 2 weeks before getting sick of it. MMO phail!
Score
Anonymous
June 27, 2012 7:41:51 AM

please stop posintg path updates about this shit game, i dont want to know what gets nerfed on who on this shit game. its a POS in the trilogy, and just getting worse by the patch.

the only hope for ARPG's are torchlight 2, grim dawn and Path of Exile.
Score
June 27, 2012 8:55:39 AM

this patch is basically a patch to fix a bunch of stuff they broke in the previous patch. AKA Blizzards "when its ready" philosophy no longer holds any value.
Score
June 27, 2012 9:35:41 AM

blackjackcfTo those who felt this wasn't relevant news:As Diablo III has been one of the most anticipated PC games for the past decade, I feel that reporting on the early design patches would be relevant and interesting news to some of the audience. I'm sorry you feel so strongly about not caring about Diablo III and I appreciate the feedback. There's always the option to leave these stories alone to those who do care to read about Diablo III news. - Catherine Cai

Not just that, but everybody feels like they have to repeat what the guy above said.

I think you might need to implement a "hide story" function so that people don't feel the need to go to articles that simply wouldn't interest them in the first place.

In any case, maintaining that games are of no importance here when some of the most popular articles are GPU reviews is rather bewildering. My two penneth.
Score
June 27, 2012 10:47:52 AM

toms is for sale - stories obvious and subtle for sale to those who will pay for them. just read another article yesterday about a completely other topic here on Toms and there was an intro with something like "since we're all spending all our time on Diablo" or some other nonsense.

same goes with all the cloud "articles"
Score
June 27, 2012 11:22:19 AM

thecolorbluejust read another article yesterday about a completely other topic here on Toms and there was an intro with something like "since we're all spending all our time on Diablo"

You're not playing Diablo 0__0
Score
June 27, 2012 11:48:16 AM

Diablo 3 was for me, was very disappointing.
Score
June 27, 2012 12:32:45 PM

D3 had the potential to be one of the greatest games based on it predecessor. Two main things ruined it: Always online single player and RMAH (aka pay-to-win). These artlicles seem to be bringing out the nerd-rage in all of us.
Score
June 27, 2012 1:27:15 PM

Well, they're still missing a major feature in this patch:

Offline play

We bought the game, we should be able to play it how & when we want. I can understand having to log into the servers if you wanted to use the AH or to play multiplayer.
Score
June 27, 2012 2:01:14 PM

Still stuck on A1 Inferno. Certain champs are just OP in A2 - like those half snake/half woman that can go invisible and have molten. It's starting to piss me off - the massive difficulty change between A1 and A2 Inferno is just ridiculous.

I don't even know what equipment to buy anymore.

The cost of repairs is a welcome change though.
Score
June 27, 2012 2:05:16 PM

ironmbDiablo 3 is complete trash. Blizzard's new cash cow for all the babygamers who dont realize how they keep destroying builds to make you rebuy gear on RMAH.

you sound like you are speaking for baby gamer experience. Especially since your are actually spending real money for items in game. I have not and will not spend a dime on RMAH. Everything you need is right there in the game or in the AH with gold.
Score
June 27, 2012 2:11:03 PM

Again with the Diablo III/Blizzard news. I'm sure there's someone on the Tom's Hardware team who really likes/cares about Diablo and I'm sure there are people who read this site who do too. Still, there are other games out there. Please stop writing these articles.
Score
June 27, 2012 2:30:46 PM

Personally, I like reading these articles, and find them useful. They make me feel better about investing my $$ in Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 instead of this one. :D 
Score
June 27, 2012 2:33:34 PM

ap3xyou sound like you are speaking for baby gamer experience. Especially since your are actually spending real money for items in game. I have not and will not spend a dime on RMAH. Everything you need is right there in the game or in the AH with gold.

doesnt blizzard patch the game so that items in game, the really high end ones, dont drop often if at all? at some point 1billion to 1 odds of finding an item mean its no longer in game, and if its in the rmah, you screwed, even single player now.
Score
Anonymous
June 27, 2012 2:50:46 PM

The problem with D3 isn't just that its buggy and has RMAH. The problem is the 2002 graphics and complete lack of environmental interaction. Once you play it through once, its just boring. Sure you can tweak builds a little, that's fun for a couple days. I have 2 maxed toons running inferno. Stopped playing a week ago. Max Payne 3 multiplayer is more fun than D3 (and thats saying something..)!
Score
June 27, 2012 3:06:33 PM

hoofheartedD3 had the potential to be one of the greatest games based on it predecessor. Two main things ruined it: Always online single player and RMAH (aka pay-to-win). These artlicles seem to be bringing out the nerd-rage in all of us.

Hard to be 'Pay 2 Win" when the items are randomly generated. Its not like in a game like APB Reloaded where the devs created OP weapons to sell at $30 a piece.
Score
June 27, 2012 3:10:57 PM

ChainzsawStill stuck on A1 Inferno. Certain champs are just OP in A2 - like those half snake/half woman that can go invisible and have molten. It's starting to piss me off - the massive difficulty change between A1 and A2 Inferno is just ridiculous.I don't even know what equipment to buy anymore.The cost of repairs is a welcome change though.

You'll be in Act 3 before you realize it. I used to think that I'll be stuck in Act 1 forever. And no, I never bought a single item in the RMAH.
Score
June 27, 2012 4:06:31 PM

yeah i personaly dont care to come to toms for my gaming news, ide rather it stay my tech site
Score
June 27, 2012 4:14:54 PM

I'm kinda done with D3 now, I've taken 2 chars up to Inferno and made it most the way into Act II with one. This sit he point where the game goes from fun to a job that is full of hell grinding for gold or paying with credit card to get gear to move on. This is where you enter the true D3 engine, the money making engine and its amazing how bad it really it. At this point, there really is no purpose to continue other then to tell people who really dont care "I made it to act 4 in Diablo (but it cost me $500 to do it). This game is was fun getting to this point but now its extremely repetitive to move more chars up. (start round #9 in act I normal mode for a 3rd char)? I have no faith that adding pvp will improve it in any way. I envision needing new gear specifically for PvP and another set of gringing gold or paying credit car fees to gear p for it in this money engine. Its really to bad.
Score
June 27, 2012 5:17:41 PM

supallHard to be 'Pay 2 Win" when the items are randomly generated. Its not like in a game like APB Reloaded where the devs created OP weapons to sell at $30 a piece.

I am seeing the pay2win factor more in the aggregation of the skill sets of all players versus monthly revenues from RMAH. Revenues dropping this month ... lets subtly re-balance some numbers and push a patch to make some things slightly harder. People on the threshold will need to spend.
Score
June 27, 2012 5:36:50 PM

ChainzsawStill stuck on A1 Inferno. Certain champs are just OP in A2 - like those half snake/half woman that can go invisible and have molten. It's starting to piss me off - the massive difficulty change between A1 and A2 Inferno is just ridiculous.I don't even know what equipment to buy anymore.The cost of repairs is a welcome change though.

Inferno isn't "difficult." The mechanics are the same as previous levels (except stacking abilities on champion mobs/groups). The quality of the gear that drops prior to hitting inferno in no way prepares the character for the amount of damage you must mitigate or absorb. Thus requiring hours upon hours of mindless farming, (for gold or for gear). It has ruined the game, (if you don't count running the same content three times just to get to inferno mode).
Score
June 27, 2012 6:20:45 PM

Quote:
Inferno isn't "difficult." The mechanics are the same as previous levels (except stacking abilities on champion mobs/groups). The quality of the gear that drops prior to hitting inferno in no way prepares the character for the amount of damage you must mitigate or absorb. Thus requiring hours upon hours of mindless farming, (for gold or for gear). It has ruined the game, (if you don't count running the same content three times just to get to inferno mode).

Argh yea. I just checked out my skills at lunch time. I made a few adjustments and seem to be doing slightly better.

I agree though - A1 Inferno in no way prepares you for A2, the gear drops are just terrible, and usually if I get something half decent - it's for another class. So I usually have to get all my gear off the AH (no RMAH for me).

So i've been stuck farming A1 for a while. Yes I probably wasn't using the right skills/gear for A2, but blizz should at least give you a chance to get something good for your char class (say 25% chance to get gear drop from "regular" rare items for your Char class).

Heck I remember D2 would drop some very nice gear every once in a while, even set items. So far i've never gotten a set item yet, and 2 legendaries (both junk).
Score
June 27, 2012 6:34:04 PM

Chainzsaw - sorry... didn't mean to imply you were a poorly skilled player, just that the game mechanics don't change throughout the levels to really separate the nubs from the skilled. The only way you can progress is by gear and/or class (demon hunter anyone?)
Score
June 27, 2012 9:46:07 PM

To those of you defending this post as being newsworthy since D3 was a big launch.

Farmville is currently the most played game with over 80 million users. So where are the articles about minor hotfixes and "patchlets" for Farmville?
Score
June 27, 2012 9:58:42 PM

You guys are right.

They should have made inferno so easy you could just play straight through it. Cutting the games life by 80%.

Maybe inferno should be as easy as act 4 hell mode.

Wouldn't that be fun? Barely having to try, and just zooming right through everything on every character.

Who needs all this good rare gear, all it'll do is make you take 60 hits before death compared to 20.

Wouldn't that be better?

In all seriousness, they already nerfed inferno and IMO it's about too easy now. I used to hate inferno until I realized my gear wasn't nearly as good as I thought it was.

Keep grinding, quit bi***ing, and you'll begin to progress. Don't ruin the game for people who actually enjoy a challenge and a long lasting game.
Score
June 27, 2012 10:02:17 PM

Hate MachineTo those of you defending this post as being newsworthy since D3 was a big launch.Farmville is currently the most played game with over 80 million users. So where are the articles about minor hotfixes and "patchlets" for Farmville?

This patch and the next (1.0.3b) are big patches for D3 as 1.0.3 broke a class (witch doctors thanks to zombie bear bug) and half the game (act 3/4 drop rates). So these are much anticipated patches.

Farmville is a flash game for moms, not gaming/PC enthusiasts. Considering this is a PC enthusiast website, I couldn't wonder why...
Score
June 28, 2012 7:41:45 PM

Toms used to have a strong game section, then everyone was fired and they set up a flash game site in it's place. This section is Software, which generally spends little time on entertainment products regardless of the company buying adspace.

If they wanted to return to gaming news, maybe a studio shutdown today would warrant an article? Nope.
Score
June 29, 2012 1:16:58 AM

The_TrutherizerIt's hard to imagine that I only played D3 for about 2 weeks before getting sick of it. MMO phail!

Diablo3 isn't an MMO.....
Score
!