How good is a Coolermaster HHC-L61 Heatpipe cooler?

Had one on my 2500+ Barton for a long time but i've no idea how this
would compare to a modern heatsink. It is an all copper heatpipe
design but the packaging gives no clue to the maximum speed usage - it
just says "Athlon XP up to 2200 and higher" because this was bought
back when a 2200 was top of the market (used on a 1600+ at the time
until it died on me)

Nver bothered to overclock this CPU because I haven't needed to & my
GFX card was always the bottleneck but with the arival of Doom3 & a
fancy new card to play it on I'm back overclocking for the first time
since Celeron 366@550 <G>

The big question is this HSF good enough for a 3200+ & therefore a
2500@3200?

My system runs at around 56c CPU temp, 38c mobo temp and GFX card temp
of 55c

http://www.tiscalipc.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=362

My System:-

Windows XP Home
Athlon 2500+ XP
MSI K7N2 Delta (NForce 2 chipset)
1 gig RAM (2 x 512 meg DDR2700 Samsung sticks, Dual Channel mode)
Leadtek A350tdh FX5900 running at 400/700

Seagate ST310211a 10GB Ultra ATA/100 5400RPM 512k buffer
(primaray master)
Western Digital Caviar WD800BB 80GB Ultra ATA/100, 7200 RPM, 2MB
(Primary Slave)

ITE Raid ATA-133 Controller IT8212

AOpen CD-RW CDW4852 (48x24x52) ATA-2
(on raid card primary master)
LG DVD-RAM DAD2080 (2x) ATA-2
(on raid card primary slave)
Matashita DVD-RAM SW-9581 (2x) ATA-4
(on raid card secondary master)

Belkin F5U508EA 3xUSB2 & 2xFirewire PCI card

Realtek RTL8139 network card (10/100)
-
e-mail to aoxr19[AT]dsl[DOT]pipex[DOT]com

*All e-mail to "reply to" adrress will*
*automatically be deleted*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--

mark

Whats up with the slow harddrives dude?

"Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Whats up with the slow harddrives dude?

My don't no either. Sata is getting cheep, "cheep cheep, cheep?" Huh?
Quick search newegg for sata,,, "K, a search for just Sata is not enough,
too many matchs"

dee, dah, search for,,, 120?
Sata hard drive = search
Found = http://www.newegg.com/app/SearchProductResult.asp?DEPA=0
Hm, I just thought how I can do a copy paste in solid html into
a post.....
So now, this is back to black text.

Denny. ;-) :)

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:08:40 -0400, "Mark" <mschal@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>Whats up with the slow harddrives dude?

Bought them ages ago and got no real reason to upgrade, after all they
are not *that* slow - 74 meg/sec burst transfer rate and 48 meg/sec
sustained transfer rate according to HDTach, and only marginally
slower from most of the SATA benchmarks I've seen.

I certainly don't need extra space either, the 80gig has 26gig free on
it & I have a 60gig WD sitting on my shelf not being used!

-

-
e-mail to aoxr19[AT]dsl[DOT]pipex[DOT]com

*All e-mail to "reply to" adrress will*
*automatically be deleted*
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--

mark

Was just curious...looks like you have a kick butt system minus the
harddrives. If it works for you thats all that matters.