P4 2.5Gig, w/ PC400 memory shows FSB to be 100 ????

Archived from groups: comp.misc,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware (More info?)

Hi

I use a P4 2.5 Gig cpu
2 x 256 memory PC400
ECS Motherboard model L4VXA2
BIOS - Phoneix AWARD Bios v6.00PG

When I get into the BIOS it shows,
"Current FSB = 100MHz"
I thought that its low ???

It doesn't allow me to change this no either?

There in another location in the BIOS it has CPU clock as 100 ?

Could someone advice me?

Thanks

@ wrote:

> Hi
>
> I use a P4 2.5 Gig cpu
> 2 x 256 memory PC400
> ECS Motherboard model L4VXA2
> BIOS - Phoneix AWARD Bios v6.00PG
>
> When I get into the BIOS it shows,
> "Current FSB = 100MHz"
> I thought that its low ???
>
> It doesn't allow me to change this no either?
>
> There in another location in the BIOS it has CPU clock as 100 ?
>
> Could someone advice me?
>
> Thanks

The P4 quad pumps the data bus so the data rate is 4 times the clock
frequency. So a 100MHz clock is a 400Mhz Bus.

JS

"@ earthlinkSPAM.net" <""acac49SPAM \"@ earthlinkSPAM.net"> wrote in

> Hi
>
> I use a P4 2.5 Gig cpu
> 2 x 256 memory PC400
> ECS Motherboard model L4VXA2
> BIOS - Phoneix AWARD Bios v6.00PG
>
> When I get into the BIOS it shows,
> "Current FSB = 100MHz"
> I thought that its low ???
>
> It doesn't allow me to change this no either?
>
> There in another location in the BIOS it has CPU clock as 100 ?
>
> Could someone advice me?
>
> Thanks

Check for new BIOS at ECS website. See link below.

ECS page for your motherboard:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=16&LanID=0
&DetailID=343&DetailName=BIOS