circuit city goofin big time on brand new geniune hp 78a c..

Tags:
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Peripherals
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 7, 2004 8:31:15 PM

this is not spam
this is not an advertisement
your millage will vary.

for the last 2 weeks i have noticed two web pages:

1) http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?b=g&oid=87370&cat...

2) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000059L4...

they are advertising C6654AN hp 78a "twin pack" of two hp78a
large 38mil color cartridges for $54.99 i never heard of such
a deal it would be my guess that a real hp 78a twin pack would
cost 110.00. well circuit city tells me when i wrote them that the
information is correct. so i ordered a twin pack what i got back
was just 1 cartridge. when i complained to my cc company and
circuit city again, they fedexed me an extra print cartridge
overnight. if anyone wants to stock up on hp 78a color cartridges
for thier photosmart or other printer, this is a great deal.
and to this day those (imo) erroneous webpages are still up and
taking orders.

More about : circuit city goofin big time brand geniune 78a

Anonymous
a b α HP
August 8, 2004 12:31:21 PM

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <1562b2f7.0408071531.65b46c1d@posting.google.com>,
rigor@pacbell.net says...
> this is not spam
> this is not an advertisement
> your millage will vary.
>
> for the last 2 weeks i have noticed two web pages:
>
> 1) http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?b=g&oid=87370&cat...
>
> 2) http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000059L4...
>
> they are advertising C6654AN hp 78a "twin pack" of two hp78a
> large 38mil color cartridges for $54.99 i never heard of such
> a deal it would be my guess that a real hp 78a twin pack would
> cost 110.00. well circuit city tells me when i wrote them that the
> information is correct. so i ordered a twin pack what i got back
> was just 1 cartridge. when i complained to my cc company and
> circuit city again, they fedexed me an extra print cartridge
> overnight. if anyone wants to stock up on hp 78a color cartridges
> for thier photosmart or other printer, this is a great deal.
> and to this day those (imo) erroneous webpages are still up and
> taking orders.

I don't think such a package even exists. Even HP's store only shows
78D, 78A, 45, 45/45 dual, 45/78D combo.

I think somebody misread something when creating the web page. They
probably really mean the 78A has the ink of two 78D's.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 8, 2004 12:59:06 PM

In article <MPG.1b7fe725a2b84030989a52@news.comcast.giganews.com>,
andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net says...
> I don't think such a package even exists. Even HP's store only shows
> 78D, 78A, 45, 45/45 dual, 45/78D combo.
>
> I think somebody misread something when creating the web page. They
> probably really mean the 78A has the ink of two 78D's.

Dual packages do exist, typically at Sam's Club. However, in this case,
it is certainly an error by the copy-writer for Circuity City's website.
The problem for Circuit City, however, is that unless they change their
website soon, they will be legally liable to provide two of the high-
capacity 45 ink cartidges at the single unit pricing.
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 8, 2004 1:11:31 PM

In article <MPG.1b7feda1bc4fe3b3989698@news.intergate.com>,
w9cw@yahoo.com says...
> In article <MPG.1b7fe725a2b84030989a52@news.comcast.giganews.com>,
> andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net says...
> > I don't think such a package even exists. Even HP's store only shows
> > 78D, 78A, 45, 45/45 dual, 45/78D combo.
> >
> > I think somebody misread something when creating the web page. They
> > probably really mean the 78A has the ink of two 78D's.
> >

> Dual packages do exist, typically at Sam's Club. However, in this case,
> it is certainly an error by the copy-writer for Circuity City's website.
> The problem for Circuit City, however, is that unless they change their
> website soon, they will be legally liable to provide two of the high-
> capacity 45 ink cartidges at the single unit pricing.

I just came from Circuit City's website, and the web page the initial
poster is referring to is not there. Three possibilities: 1). Circuit
City became aware of the mistake, and changed it accordingly, 2).it's an
old link, or 3). Maybe it's a "phishing" exercise by someone?? Everyone
knows how good these people can be in attempting to acquire someone's
credit card number. Their ability to make websites, and links, look
real is amazing.

Caveat Emptor certainly applies in this case!
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 8, 2004 2:15:38 PM

"Don Allen" <w9cw@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.1b7fe725a2b84030989a52@news.comcast.giganews.com>,
> andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net says...
> > I don't think such a package even exists. Even HP's store only shows
> > 78D, 78A, 45, 45/45 dual, 45/78D combo.
> >
> > I think somebody misread something when creating the web page. They
> > probably really mean the 78A has the ink of two 78D's.
> >

> Dual packages do exist, typically at Sam's Club. However, in this case,
> it is certainly an error by the copy-writer for Circuity City's website.
> The problem for Circuit City, however, is that unless they change their
> website soon, they will be legally liable to provide two of the high-
> capacity 45 ink cartidges at the single unit pricing.

While it may be good business practice, they are "legally liable" for
nothing. The site in several places (including right below the offer states
"All prices, specifications and items are subject to change without
notice...". They also offer the standard "not responsible for typographical
errors..." statement so all they are obligated to is an apology for the
misprint. And even that is not an 'obligation'.

I have however had several instance where there web and print ads have
offered unbelievable deals that turned out to be misprints, yet they have
always honored the. May be part of the reason they are in and out of
financial problems all the time :0)
August 8, 2004 6:16:55 PM

Don Allen <w9cw@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.

it still shows up. maybe part of that link i posted was i dunno
looking for a cookie or something first? try searching circuitcity.com
for 78a and see if you can find it. when i press 'reload' on the web
page they still come up.

> I just came from Circuit City's website, and the web page the initial
> poster is referring to is not there. Three possibilities: 1). Circuit
> City became aware of the mistake, and changed it accordingly, 2).it's an
> old link, or 3). Maybe it's a "phishing" exercise by someone?? Everyone
> knows how good these people can be in attempting to acquire someone's
> credit card number. Their ability to make websites, and links, look
> real is amazing.
>
> Caveat Emptor certainly applies in this case!
August 8, 2004 6:19:08 PM

when i do a reload in my browser it still shows up.
maybe part of that link i posted was i dunno looking for a
cookie or something first? try searching circuitcity.com
for 78a and see if you can find it. when i press 'reload'
on the web page they still come up. im not doing any phishing.

> I just came from Circuit City's website, and the web page the initial
> poster is referring to is not there. Three possibilities: 1). Circuit
> City became aware of the mistake, and changed it accordingly, 2).it's an
> old link, or 3). Maybe it's a "phishing" exercise by someone?? Everyone
> knows how good these people can be in attempting to acquire someone's
> credit card number. Their ability to make websites, and links, look
> real is amazing.
>
> Caveat Emptor certainly applies in this case!
August 8, 2004 6:22:42 PM

i have been in an online chat with circuitcity and have emailed them
serveral times dating back to the 26th of last month inisisting that

"PC Medic" <NOT@home.net> wrote in message news:<7CqRc.15989$Bb.12471@lakeread08>...

> I have however had several instance where there web and print ads have
> offered unbelievable deals that turned out to be misprints, yet they have
> always honored the. May be part of the reason they are in and out of
> financial problems all the time :0)
August 9, 2004 5:22:48 AM

weird!

i meant to say that i emailed them and chatting with them several times
insisiting that those pages were in complete error and they should be
taken down since the 26th of the last month but all they say is that
the offer is valid and the information is correct. so i took the
offer and ordered it on the 30th and had a whine a little to
get my second cartridge

!