Addtroncis Case 3 HD hanger mount

Anyone have any idea where I might find a couple of these
for an addtronics case? I've tried addtronics and also
the place I'm posting a link to the picture.

Anyway the bracket looks like this
http://www.coolcases.com/cart/aa1.jpg

Thanks......

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:00:32 -0500, Freakshow <freak@freak.com> wrote:

>Anyone have any idea where I might find a couple of these
>for an addtronics case? I've tried addtronics and also
>the place I'm posting a link to the picture.
>
>Anyway the bracket looks like this
>http://www.coolcases.com/cart/aa1.jpg
>
>Thanks......

Why not order from Jim at Coolcases.com? He's usually a reliable guy.
I've gotten several Addtronics cases from him, including
modifications. Good, clean work. Honest guy.

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:00:32 -0500, Freakshow <freak@freak.com> wrote:

>Anyone have any idea where I might find a couple of these
>for an addtronics case? I've tried addtronics and also
>the place I'm posting a link to the picture.
>
>Anyway the bracket looks like this
>http://www.coolcases.com/cart/aa1.jpg

How hard would it be to make your own HD mount cage? It seems the
hardest part would be bending metal to specs? What kind of place
would do that kind of work?

He does not have any and is having trouble finding any more.

I tried to order from him the first time around...this link to the
picture is off his site, and I mention in the orginiaol post that I
had tired to use the linked site.

I've bought a few fans from Jim and his work / parts
are fine with me. ITs just that he is out of stock and I would
like to find some of those mounts sooner rather than later.

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:16:44 -0700, Winey <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:00:32 -0500, Freakshow <freak@freak.com> wrote:
>

>>Anyone have any idea where I might find a couple of these
>>for an addtronics case? I've tried addtronics and also
>>the place I'm posting a link to the picture.
>>
>>Anyway the bracket looks like this
>>http://www.coolcases.com/cart/aa1.jpg
>>
>>Thanks......
>
>Why not order from Jim at Coolcases.com? He's usually a reliable guy.
>I've gotten several Addtronics cases from him, including
>modifications. Good, clean work. Honest guy.

>How hard would it be to make your own HD mount cage? It seems the
>hardest part would be bending metal to specs? What kind of place
>would do that kind of work?

I've done it before with acrylic. It's pretty easy and long as you
have the right adhesive (weld-on poducts), and have a way to make your
cuts nice and square.

You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
that will make things a lot smoother.
-Felatio Love

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 09:44:27 -0800, GTD <duh@stoopid.net> wrote:

>>How hard would it be to make your own HD mount cage? It seems the
>>hardest part would be bending metal to specs? What kind of place
>>would do that kind of work?
>
>I've done it before with acrylic. It's pretty easy and long as you
>have the right adhesive (weld-on poducts), and have a way to make your
>cuts nice and square.

What tools do you use to cut acrylic? How thick a piece of material
would you recommend for adequate strength for say four drives?

How about sheet metal (for electrical grounding)?

Does acrylic reduce noise? cooling?

>You should start drinking prune juice and KY jelly cocktails right now,
>that will make things a lot smoother.
> -Felatio Love

Unless you are experienced cutting acrylic, aluminium may be far easier:
o Aluminium will have a (very) small heatsinking capability
---- if you are running 10k-rpm WD Raptors, then use a fan
---- check the HD temp monitoring tools to see if one is needed
o Acrylic is difficult to cut (it cracks) & edges really need flame finishing
---- both of which take a bit of experience - or spare material to learn with

1.2mm aluminium may be a bit thin, 1.6mm would probably be fine.

Sheet metal shops can fabricate things, but it is DIY-able - comes down
to having a few tools and the patience. The drive-mounting slots is likely
to be a pain - if your drives all mount similarly then you can use holes.
Jigsaw will cut aluminium, as will automotive/aero tin-snips/shears, for
acrylic it's more difficult re appropriate blades for plastic.

If you go the plastic route, match the right glue to the plastic.
Check Ebay in case it has any suitable drive cages, or take one from an
old case - some are removeable and thus a much easier fitment to modify.
--
Dorothy Bradbury
www.stores.ebay.co.uk/panaflofan for quiet Panaflo fans & other items

just a follow up if anyone is looking for the same thing.
apparently the addrtonics web site has the parts now.

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:26:24 -0500, Freakshow <freak@freak.com> wrote:

>He does not have any and is having trouble finding any more.
>
>I tried to order from him the first time around...this link to the
>picture is off his site, and I mention in the orginiaol post that I
>had tired to use the linked site.
>
>I've bought a few fans from Jim and his work / parts
>are fine with me. ITs just that he is out of stock and I would
>like to find some of those mounts sooner rather than later.
>

>On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:16:44 -0700, Winey <NOSPAMME@no-one-here.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:00:32 -0500, Freakshow <freak@freak.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Anyone have any idea where I might find a couple of these
>>>for an addtronics case? I've tried addtronics and also
>>>the place I'm posting a link to the picture.
>>>
>>>Anyway the bracket looks like this
>>>http://www.coolcases.com/cart/aa1.jpg
>>>
>>>Thanks......
>>
>>Why not order from Jim at Coolcases.com? He's usually a reliable guy.
>>I've gotten several Addtronics cases from him, including
>>modifications. Good, clean work. Honest guy.

TRENDING THREADS