trouble understanding si sandra results

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

I have an
amd athlon xp 1500+ 1.3GHz 13x multiplier 100MHz FSB
MOBO is MSI-6712 chipset- VIA Apollo VT8377 KT400A

The RAM I use are 2*256MB 266MHz DDR-SDRAM RAM.
Since my FSB=100MHz, I'd have thought that my DDR RAM would be 200MHz.

Also, since my RAM is synchronous, it has to be the same speed as the
FSB. So can't possibly be 266MHz, it has to be 200MHz (2*100MHz).

The other thing that seems odd to me, is that under "Logical/Chipset 1
Memory Banks" Sandra says "multiplier 3/4x", yet my ram is synchronous
so can't multiply the fsb, and isn't even multiplying the fsb
according to si sandra.

"Anon" <q_q_anonymous@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
>I have an
> amd athlon xp 1500+ 1.3GHz 13x multiplier 100MHz FSB
> MOBO is MSI-6712 chipset- VIA Apollo VT8377 KT400A
>
> The RAM I use are 2*256MB 266MHz DDR-SDRAM RAM.
> Since my FSB=100MHz, I'd have thought that my DDR RAM would be 200MHz.
>
> Also, since my RAM is synchronous, it has to be the same speed as the
> FSB. So can't possibly be 266MHz, it has to be 200MHz (2*100MHz).
>
> The other thing that seems odd to me, is that under "Logical/Chipset 1
> Memory Banks" Sandra says "multiplier 3/4x", yet my ram is synchronous
> so can't multiply the fsb, and isn't even multiplying the fsb
> according to si sandra.

Sandra isn't notably accurate for some of it's output - try checking FSB,
multiplier etc. with;
WCPUID http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/src/download.html
or
CPU-Z http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Ciao...

uk_nick...
--
Nick M V Salmon Master Mariner MN(Retd.)
Email: My four initials at dsl dot pipex dot com

Your ram is being identified as PC266 but is running at 200. The 3/4x means
it's running at 3/4 rated speed.