overclocking Pentium III 858 MHz

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
September 15, 2004 10:15:34 AM

I'm looking for info about overclocking Pentium III 858 MHz.
how much is recomended to overclock this.
can I do it in BIOS, or is it other way of doing it?
Do I need a new fan to avoid overheating?
September 17, 2004 4:15:27 AM

"sleipner" <milde66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for info about overclocking Pentium III 858 MHz.
> how much is recomended to overclock this.
> can I do it in BIOS, or is it other way of doing it?
> Do I need a new fan to avoid overheating?

There's no such thing as a PIII 858Mhz. There's a 100FSB 850Mhz and a 133FSB
866Mhz. They'll usually go into the 950-975Mhz range on stock cooling. FSB
increase is the only way. If your system is showing a true speed of 858Mhz,
then it's not at stock setting already.
!