Orinoco Gold on iPaq 3630 Help

a b \ Driver
July 31, 2004 9:59:08 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a Compaq iPaq 3630 with the PCMCIA expansion pack and a Orinoco Gold
(made by Agere systems) 802.11b card. System is Pocket PC 2002. I recently
installed the Agere drivers for this thing but it absolutely will not latch
on to my 802.11B network. I have tried everything and really believe there
is something up with the drivers. I've also tried the Orinoco drivers with
no luck. The odd thing is the card successfully scans the networks in the
area, just won't associate regardless of encryption being on or off. Would
anyone have any idea what specific drivers might work with my configuration?
Thanks!

More about : orinoco gold ipaq 3630

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 31, 2004 11:22:02 PM

The odd thing is the card successfully scans the networks in the
> area, just won't associate regardless of encryption being on or off.

Has MAC filtering been turned on in the wi-fi access point?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 1, 2004 12:16:32 AM

Yes and this card has been granted access. I just pulled it out of an IBM
laptop that has no problem associating with the Access Point and getting a
connection. This is really weird. I'm very familiar with wireless
networking and believe this is definitely a driver issue. There are so many
flavors of drivers for this thing.

!