memory oc

Hi, i have 2 modules of KVR266X64C25/512 (512 MB PC2100 cl2.5).
I have heard about memory overclocking (changing its timings in BIOS).

Do you know if i can overclock my RAM to get better performance, speed?
My mobo is Abit BD7II-RAID with P4 1.70 processor.

Byru

"byru" <mbyrczek@pf.pl> wrote in message

" Do you know if i can overclock my RAM to get better performance, speed?
"

First, update your BIOS if you haven't already done so. There are a few
extra-helpful features which have been added in the board's history. These
are all cummulatively included in the latest release.
http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=35

As for 'overclocking', or tweaking your RAM, look here:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257741

> First, update your BIOS if you haven't already done so. There are a few
> extra-helpful features which have been added in the board's history.
These
> are all cummulatively included in the latest release.

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/bios_revision.php?categories=1&model=35

> As for 'overclocking', or tweaking your RAM, look here:
> http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257741

ok i set 2.5-2-2-5 timings, sandra show me an increase in performance.
2-2-2-5 was a bit slower so i stay with 2.5-2-2-5.

Byru