Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pocket Word > PPC 2003

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 6:47:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi,

I have a problem with my Pocket Word on PPC 2003 SE. I got my Axim X30
624Mhz four days ago and Pocket Word was working fine until now. When I load
up Pocket Word, it just shows the options 'New' and 'Tools'. It doesn't show
anything else like the area where I can type. Instead of showing the New
Document or a document I opened, it shows my background.

When I click on New, it doesn't do anything either. When I click on Tools,
the only option there is Options.... When I click on Tools>Options, it
doesn't do anything either! I can't even Exit the current program, nor it
shows in Running Programs. What can I do to get my Pocket Word to open?

Thanks,
- Ed

More about : pocket word ppc 2003

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 10:36:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

"Edward Chan" <f22_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23mpcN7ydEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with my Pocket Word on PPC 2003 SE. I got my Axim X30
> 624Mhz four days ago and Pocket Word was working fine until now. When I
load
> up Pocket Word, it just shows the options 'New' and 'Tools'. It doesn't
show
> anything else like the area where I can type. Instead of showing the New
> Document or a document I opened, it shows my background.
>
> When I click on New, it doesn't do anything either. When I click on Tools,
> the only option there is Options.... When I click on Tools>Options, it
> doesn't do anything either! I can't even Exit the current program, nor it
> shows in Running Programs. What can I do to get my Pocket Word to open?
>
> Thanks,
> - Ed
>
>

Have you tried a soft reset?
August 1, 2004 11:23:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

This happened to me once; I couldn't create a new Word document and
reading existing ones was very colluded. Unfortunately, a hard reset
was the only thing that would correct it.

A_C


On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 14:47:07 -0400, "Edward Chan" <f22_r@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem with my Pocket Word on PPC 2003 SE. I got my Axim X30
>624Mhz four days ago and Pocket Word was working fine until now. When I load
>up Pocket Word, it just shows the options 'New' and 'Tools'. It doesn't show
>anything else like the area where I can type. Instead of showing the New
>Document or a document I opened, it shows my background.
>
>When I click on New, it doesn't do anything either. When I click on Tools,
>the only option there is Options.... When I click on Tools>Options, it
>doesn't do anything either! I can't even Exit the current program, nor it
>shows in Running Programs. What can I do to get my Pocket Word to open?
>
>Thanks,
>- Ed
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 1:02:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Yes, I have tried a soft reset. The only way for me to fix this was to hard
reset, which I don't want to do again because I'd lose the programs that I
have installed and I'll have to re-intall them again. Has this happened with
anyone else?


"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ceic4l$ca9$2@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "Edward Chan" <f22_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23mpcN7ydEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with my Pocket Word on PPC 2003 SE. I got my Axim X30
> > 624Mhz four days ago and Pocket Word was working fine until now. When I
> load
> > up Pocket Word, it just shows the options 'New' and 'Tools'. It doesn't
> show
> > anything else like the area where I can type. Instead of showing the New
> > Document or a document I opened, it shows my background.
> >
> > When I click on New, it doesn't do anything either. When I click on
Tools,
> > the only option there is Options.... When I click on Tools>Options, it
> > doesn't do anything either! I can't even Exit the current program, nor
it
> > shows in Running Programs. What can I do to get my Pocket Word to open?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > - Ed
> >
> >
>
> Have you tried a soft reset?
>
>
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 6:49:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Now that you have your PPC back to where you want it, you might want to
investigate the backup program on your X30. It essentially makes an image of
what is in your RAM, so you can replace it if you have to hard reset. I
assume it works OK, I use Pocket Backup myself. It has a lot more
flexibility but does cost $.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Edward Chan" <f22_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:e9N8Kf8dEHA.1692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Yes, I have tried a soft reset. The only way for me to fix this was to
hard
> reset, which I don't want to do again because I'd lose the programs that I
> have installed and I'll have to re-intall them again. Has this happened
with
> anyone else?
>
>
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:ceic4l$ca9$2@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> >
> > "Edward Chan" <f22_r@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:%23mpcN7ydEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with my Pocket Word on PPC 2003 SE. I got my Axim X30
> > > 624Mhz four days ago and Pocket Word was working fine until now. When
I
> > load
> > > up Pocket Word, it just shows the options 'New' and 'Tools'. It
doesn't
> > show
> > > anything else like the area where I can type. Instead of showing the
New
> > > Document or a document I opened, it shows my background.
> > >
> > > When I click on New, it doesn't do anything either. When I click on
> Tools,
> > > the only option there is Options.... When I click on Tools>Options, it
> > > doesn't do anything either! I can't even Exit the current program, nor
> it
> > > shows in Running Programs. What can I do to get my Pocket Word to
open?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > - Ed
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Have you tried a soft reset?
> >
> >
>
>
August 2, 2004 1:09:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Agent_C wrote:
> This happened to me once; I couldn't create a new Word document and
> reading existing ones was very colluded. Unfortunately, a hard reset
> was the only thing that would correct it.
>
if this was word on the PC, I'd would It could be a curupt normal.dot
file, worth deleting this so Word can recreate it. Not sure does Word
for PPC work like this too?

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
!