Old Arcade games in Toronto

Yesterday I was in Toronto. I like it though Montreal seems to be
"warmer" (not so much business and less concrete).

Anyway I saw an Arcade (was also called "Arcade"), but I forgot the
street. I think it was between Young Street and Dundas Street, close to
Dundas. Most of the games were from after 2000. Pinball machines were
mostly by Stern, as Williams and so Bally and Gottlieb's gave up their
business. Scary to see that.

But in the dark corner they hid the real games. There were five old
cabs. Three Pacmans (original, MS and one other), and Galaga as well as
Galixians in a probably original cab. Yeah. :)

Now what was the page I can check if it'd already mentioned in the
"Arcade database"?
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

Andreas Kohlbach wrote on 11. June 2005:

> Yesterday I was in Toronto. I like it though Montreal seems to be
> "warmer" (not so much business and less concrete).
>
> Anyway I saw an Arcade (was also called "Arcade"), but I forgot the
> street. I think it was between Young Street and Dundas Street, close to
> Dundas. Most of the games were from after 2000. Pinball machines were
> mostly by Stern, as Williams and so Bally and Gottlieb's gave up their
> business. Scary to see that.
>
> But in the dark corner they hid the real games. There were five old
> cabs. Three Pacmans (original, MS and one other), and Galaga as well as
> Galixians in a probably original cab. Yeah. :)
>
> Now what was the page I can check if it'd already mentioned in the
> "Arcade database"?

Still cannot find it. May be I'm too stupid to google for it. Or it's the
Molson Dry next to me which... ;-)
--

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Yesterday I was in Toronto. I like it though Montreal seems to be
> "warmer" (not so much business and less concrete).
>
> Anyway I saw an Arcade (was also called "Arcade"), but I forgot the
> street. I think it was between Young Street and Dundas Street, close to
> Dundas. Most of the games were from after 2000. Pinball machines were
> mostly by Stern, as Williams and so Bally and Gottlieb's gave up their
> business. Scary to see that.
>
> But in the dark corner they hid the real games. There were five old
> cabs. Three Pacmans (original, MS and one other), and Galaga as well as
> Galixians in a probably original cab. Yeah. :)
>
> Now what was the page I can check if it'd already mentioned in the
> "Arcade database"?

Do you mean
A) Timothy's World Coffee Arcade
(http://tinyurl.com/7skjq / http://tinyurl.com/9bsf5)

or

B) Funland Arcades
(http://tinyurl.com/dcwjo / http://tinyurl.com/a6758)

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

vortical@arithmetizationj.gf
Difflugia@cervicohumeralq.com
dianilide@valiantt.net
Madreporacea@agrologyc.com
Anatherum@unstuffingx.pm

Dead_Dad wrote on 13. June 2005:

Are you Canadian?

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
>> Yesterday I was in Toronto. I like it though Montreal seems to be
>> "warmer" (not so much business and less concrete).
>> Anyway I saw an Arcade (was also called "Arcade"), but I forgot the
>> street. I think it was between Young Street and Dundas Street, close to
>> Dundas. Most of the games were from after 2000. Pinball machines were
>> mostly by Stern, as Williams and so Bally and Gottlieb's gave up their
>> business. Scary to see that.
>> But in the dark corner they hid the real games. There were five old
>> cabs. Three Pacmans (original, MS and one other), and Galaga as well as
>> Galixians in a probably original cab. Yeah. :)
>> Now what was the page I can check if it'd already mentioned in the
>> "Arcade database"?
>
> Do you mean
> A) Timothy's World Coffee Arcade
> (http://tinyurl.com/7skjq / http://tinyurl.com/9bsf5)
>
> or
>
> B) Funland Arcades
> (http://tinyurl.com/dcwjo / http://tinyurl.com/a6758)

B. :)

In case I ever get back to Toronto (damn, I not even wrote post cards to
other people from there) I will take the time to play Galaxians and Galaga
there, and also check out A.

I remember the one I meant also had pizza restaurant (umm, very small)
there.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.classicgaming.com/locations/
--
David

SINNER wrote on 13. June 2005:

> * Andreas Kohlbach Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>> Yesterday I was in Toronto. I like it though Montreal seems to be
>> "warmer" (not so much business and less concrete).
>>
>> Anyway I saw an Arcade (was also called "Arcade"), but I forgot
>> the street. I think it was between Young Street and Dundas Street,
>> close to Dundas. Most of the games were from after 2000. Pinball
>> machines were mostly by Stern, as Williams and so Bally and
>> Gottlieb's gave up their business. Scary to see that.
>>
>> But in the dark corner they hid the real games. There were five
>> old cabs. Three Pacmans (original, MS and one other), and Galaga
>> as well as Galixians in a probably original cab. Yeah. :)
>>
>> Now what was the page I can check if it'd already mentioned in the
>> "Arcade database"?
>

> http://www.classicgaming.com/locations/

Yes and no. :)

It has an overview of Aracde games, and already listed the location in
Yonge Strret/Toronto. But it seems not to be the page I provided a link
in late 2003.

The other page had way more links in Europe (I listed the Arcade in the
"European City" in Bologne Sur Mer/France, but only one link in France
found here.

Thanks anyway, I will go on searching. The former libk was posted in this
groups then, but I don't know what to google for.