EPSON STYLUS C80 partial page printing

Is anybody having problems with their Epson printing part of a page and then
ejecting the paper and continuing the printout on the next piece of paper?

I'm concerned that a Microsoft driver update may have caused this to start.
I have tried un-installing and re-installing the printer driver
software--same problem.

So I don't know if it is software or hardware related at this point...

Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Lee
3 answers Last reply
More about epson stylus partial page printing

    "Lee Wise" <LeeWise@cox.net> posted:

    > Is anybody having problems with their Epson printing part of a page
    > and then ejecting the paper and continuing the printout on the next
    > piece of paper?
    >
    > I'm concerned that a Microsoft driver update may have caused this to
    > start. I have tried un-installing and re-installing the printer driver
    > software--same problem.
    >
    > So I don't know if it is software or hardware related at this point...
    >
    > Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    >
    > Lee

    Are you sure it isn't feeding two sheets of paper together? My C80 will
    sometimes feed the second sheet a few inches behind the first.
    - Max

    --
    MisterMax
    Slideshows of Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete, France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco,

    "Lee Wise" <LeeWise@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Is anybody having problems with their Epson printing part of a page and
    then
    > ejecting the paper and continuing the printout on the next piece of paper?
    >
    > I'm concerned that a Microsoft driver update may have caused this to
    start.
    > I have tried un-installing and re-installing the printer driver
    > software--same problem.
    >
    > So I don't know if it is software or hardware related at this point...
    >
    > Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    >
    > Lee

    i had this problem a few months ago. very frustrating.

    sorry, i can't remember for sure what fixed it but i know i tried the
    following:

    - checked the printer defaults and program paper settings (i was trying to
    print from
    PHOTOSHOP... pretty sure this wasn't it).
    - searched for updated driver (pretty sure i had latest).
    - removed the printer from Windows, powered everything down, then restarted
    and
    let windows re-install (this might have been it, but i don't think so).

    what i _think_ finally did it (contrary to all reason) was...

    - i had an ink cartridge that needed to be replaced.

    i'm thinking this may have been the time i absent-mindedly pulled a yellow
    cartridge that was showing a low ink warning then put it back in place when
    i realized i didn't have a replacement and only needed to do a few pages of
    text. this tricked the software into showing it full.

    i may have had the partial page problem a day or two later when it actually
    went dry (yeah, short-term memory, what can i say?).

    then again, this may be a conflation of two separate incidents.

    good luck,

    barrett

    Thanks to those who responded.

    I'm sure it was not two pages fed at the same time. Had that happen once or
    twice long time ago.

    As for the driver...yes, I did use the control panel to delete all EPSON
    software (drivers). Then I did let the XP operating system do its thing and
    install what it thought was the correct driver. I haven't tried anything
    fancy yet, but so far it did print some CD labels correctly. I couldn't
    even do that before.

    As an aside, I got a response from Epson within one business day--as
    advertised. Their suggestion was to disable advanced printing features.
    I'm sorry but I had a problem with that one...

    Lee

    "Lee Wise" wrote in message news:pjtRc.3527$yh.2115@fed1read05...
    > Is anybody having problems with their Epson printing part of a page and
    then
    > ejecting the paper and continuing the printout on the next piece of paper?
    >
    > I'm concerned that a Microsoft driver update may have caused this to
    start.
    > I have tried un-installing and re-installing the printer driver
    > software--same problem.
    >
    > So I don't know if it is software or hardware related at this point...
    >
    > Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    >
    > Lee

Printers Epson Peripherals