Newbie builder need help

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
October 9, 2004 12:53:40 PM

Would any of you guys know what the best configuration would be for building
a high graphics, high performance, hi speed, gaming machine? Right now I'm
tempted to go with the ASUS 939 motherboard witht he athlon64, 1 gig DDR
ram, ATI x800 256mb. Anything I should add or take away? First time
builder, long time user ....

Also, heard about a chip out there thats 4 gigs and is so fast that computer
response is like automatic....heard anything?

Thanks!

The-no-nothing

More about : newbie builder

October 9, 2004 8:41:27 PM

Nonothing wrote:
> Would any of you guys know what the best configuration would be for building
> a high graphics, high performance, hi speed, gaming machine? Right now I'm
> tempted to go with the ASUS 939 motherboard witht he athlon64, 1 gig DDR
> ram, ATI x800 256mb. Anything I should add or take away? First time
> builder, long time user ....
>
> Also, heard about a chip out there thats 4 gigs and is so fast that computer
> response is like automatic....heard anything?
>
> Thanks!
>
> The-no-nothing

You might be better off with a nForce 4 motherboard when they are
released.If nothing else you'll have faster RAM and a PCI-Express buss
so you'll be able to upgrade in 2-3 years.If you take a AGP 8x board
you won't be able to upgrade the card and you'll be forced to buy a new
comp.You gotta look into the future when buying new computers.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
October 10, 2004 7:40:50 AM

Nonothing:

> Would any of you guys know what the best configuration would be for
> building a high graphics, high performance, hi speed, gaming machine?

This should give you some good ideas:
http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/system-09-21-2004.a...
--
Mac Cool