Lexmark X83 and Windows ME Help

I have a Lexmark X83 and a computer running Windows ME that will not get
along. Had to reinstall Windows ME and Lexmark X83 has not worked right
since. When I try to print I get a blue screen with the error code:
0E:0028:C00587C9. After pressing any key to return I get the error
lxasstmn has caused an error in lxaspr.drv. Any ideas on how to fix
would be great. Have tried reinstalling Windows ME and Lexmark drivers
(from website) several times.

Thanks,
Lee Robertson

This may sound disconcerting, but I have had a lot of problems with ME. As
an alternative, if I do not want to use XP on the machine, I would suggest
to go with Win 98. You may be surprised, that it is going to work,
providing that the printer, or the port is not defective.

On the other hand, sometimes using an older version of driver may work for
you, because the operating system is also old.

I do not have a logical answer for why it worked before. But it sounds like
the driver is not compatible with something that is going on.

--

Jerry G.