Leaving on a water cooling system all the time.

My question is I am thinking about running my computer 24/7 like I use
to do. But now I have water cooling, is running the water cooling 24/7
a bad thing?

Thanks for any infor.
5 answers Last reply
More about leaving water cooling system time

    Well, most water pumps don't last very long anyway so you'll probably have to
    change it out more often.I went through 3 in 2.5 years with the pump only
    running 1/2 a day every day.

    >My question is I am thinking about running my computer 24/7 like I use
    >to do. But now I have water cooling, is running the water cooling 24/7
    >a bad thing?
    >
    > Thanks for any infor.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Thus spake YanquiDawg:

    >>My question is I am thinking about running my computer 24/7 like I use
    >>to do. But now I have water cooling, is running the water cooling 24/7
    >>a bad thing?

    >Well, most water pumps don't last very long anyway so you'll probably have to
    >change it out more often.I went through 3 in 2.5 years with the pump only
    >running 1/2 a day every day.

    What kind of pump were you using? I had a small fountain pump get
    noisy after six months of 24/7 (still works though). But a bigger
    better fountain pump (Beckett was the make I think) has been running
    great for nearly three years and my Swiftech MCP600 has been on nearly
    continuously for around two years.

    If you have quality parts, 24/7 is no big deal. If you have cheap
    part, their limited life span will be used up soon.

    --
    sls
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Try the "AquaStream"-Pum from www.aquacomputer.de
    This pump is specially for use in computers. i have it, it works great!

    "Satan's Little Sister" <littlesisterNO@SPAMsofthome.net> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:mnh0o05neshv6ojiugqf4bra5ev1j3scpr@4ax.com...
    > Thus spake YanquiDawg:
    >
    >>>My question is I am thinking about running my computer 24/7 like I use
    >>>to do. But now I have water cooling, is running the water cooling 24/7
    >>>a bad thing?
    >
    >>Well, most water pumps don't last very long anyway so you'll probably have
    >>change it out more often.I went through 3 in 2.5 years with the pump only
    >>running 1/2 a day every day.
    >
    > What kind of pump were you using? I had a small fountain pump get
    > noisy after six months of 24/7 (still works though). But a bigger
    > better fountain pump (Beckett was the make I think) has been running
    > great for nearly three years and my Swiftech MCP600 has been on nearly
    > continuously for around two years.
    >
    > If you have quality parts, 24/7 is no big deal. If you have cheap
    > part, their limited life span will be used up soon.
    >
    > --
    > sls
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    They were ViaAqua (3500?). First it would make small noises then graduate to
    grinding, then one just stopped dead. The others I took out before they died.
    I can't figure the grinding considering they are magnetic pump and there's
    really nothing to grind. They seem fairly clean when taken apart.A little white
    residue on the barrel. But even after cleaning they still made noise.
    I guess for the dough I blew I coulda got a really good eheim.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Thus spake YanquiDawg:

    > They were ViaAqua

    Yeah, they have a reputation. The impellers tend not to be well
    balanced,. You get vibration, which causes the plastic bushing betwixt
    the shaft and impeller magnet wear unevenly, which causes more
    vibration, etc. Eventually the impeller is loose enough to hit the
    sides of the pump chamber or the bushing wears enough for shaft to
    magnet direct contact.

    Same thing as what happened with my first little fountain pump.

    --
    sls

Overclocking Water Cooling Hardware