How to overcome 137Gb barrier on Promise Ultra100 (not TX)..

Going to overcome 137Gb barrier on Promise Ultra100 (not TX) Ultra66
(not TX). Possible? Website appreciated too.
Ssimpo

"ssimpo" <ssimpo@news.com> wrote in message
> Going to overcome 137Gb barrier on Promise Ultra100 (not TX) Ultra66
> (not TX). Possible? Website appreciated too.

Sure it isn't the Windows XP barrier? Add SP1 and it should go higher...
Just a guess.

>> Going to overcome 137Gb barrier on Promise Ultra100 (not TX) Ultra66
>> (not TX). Possible? Website appreciated too.
>
>Sure it isn't the Windows XP barrier? Add SP1 and it should go higher...
>Just a guess.

This is ControllerBios barrier, seeable after 2 bootup floppies of
PartitionMagic8.0. Ultra100 TX does not have this barrier.
Definitely Bios and electronic hack needed for card.
Many Websites describe hack to Raid ability, but not what want.

Thank you,
Ssimpo

http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=18&category=All&os=100

>>>Sure it isn't the Windows XP barrier? Add SP1 and it should go higher...
>>>Just a guess.
>>

>> This is ControllerBios barrier, seeable after 2 bootup floppies of
>> PartitionMagic8.0. Ultra100 TX does not have this barrier.
>> Definitely Bios and electronic hack needed for card.
>> Many Websites describe hack to Raid ability, but not what want.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Ssimpo
>>

>http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=18&category=All&os=100

A lot thanks for magic hint. Bios flushed. Driver renewed (win98)
Now PartitionMagic8 from floppies see FullSizeDrive (250G).
Having 4 computers I attached filled w files WD1600EB and test
copied files from patition beyond 137G to WD2500JBRTL also
beyond 137G guaranteed. (FAT32 of course) in Win98 environment.
But here is Question:
Why Western Digital enclosed up to August 2003 "expensive"
Ultra100TX2 instead moderate Ultra100. That was freebee
in retail boxes for 160G and 200G hard drives?
Result seems the same. Specification seems same after
Bios/Driver update.
Till now Western Digital does not mention Ultra100 as good
controller. Why?

Ssimpo

ssimpo wrote:

>>>This is ControllerBios barrier, seeable after 2 bootup floppies of
>>>PartitionMagic8.0. Ultra100 TX does not have this barrier.
>>>Definitely Bios and electronic hack needed for card.
>>>Many Websites describe hack to Raid ability, but not what want.
>>>
>>>Thank you,
>>>Ssimpo
>>>

>>http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=18&category=All&os=100
>

> A lot thanks for magic hint. Bios flushed. Driver renewed (win98)
> Now PartitionMagic8 from floppies see FullSizeDrive (250G).
> Having 4 computers I attached filled w files WD1600EB and test
> copied files from patition beyond 137G to WD2500JBRTL also
> beyond 137G guaranteed. (FAT32 of course) in Win98 environment.
> But here is Question:
> Why Western Digital enclosed up to August 2003 "expensive"
> Ultra100TX2 instead moderate Ultra100. That was freebee
> in retail boxes for 160G and 200G hard drives?

Because the Ultra100TX2 is the current product Promise makes and the
Ultra100 isn't.

> Result seems the same. Specification seems same after
> Bios/Driver update.

TX2 supports 66 Mhz PCI.

> Till now Western Digital does not mention Ultra100 as good
> controller. Why?

Because Promise don't make it any more.

> Ssimpo

>> Why Western Digital enclosed up to August 2003 "expensive"
>> Ultra100TX2 instead moderate Ultra100. That was freebee
>> in retail boxes for 160G and 200G hard drives?
>
>Because the Ultra100TX2 is the current product Promise makes and the
>Ultra100 isn't.
>
>> Result seems the same. Specification seems same after
>> Bios/Driver update.
>
>TX2 supports 66 Mhz PCI.
>
>> Till now Western Digital does not mention Ultra100 as good
>> controller. Why?
>
>Because Promise don't make it any more.

Thank you very much for valuable info
Ssimpo