  • Hardware
Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
November 27, 2004 9:13:22 AM

I've overclocked my 2600 barton to be a 2800 barton.
Are the temps too high or pretty much ok? By idle I mean internet browsing,
MP3's playing, word processing... just general use. Full load was an hour of
Prime95 running the CPU at 100%. It maxed out at 60C by about minute 20 and
the temp never went higher.

More about : idle 52c full load 60c

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2004 7:37:31 PM

"Jack Spungo" wrote
> I've overclocked my 2600 barton to be a 2800 barton.
> Are the temps too high or pretty much ok? By idle I mean internet
browsing,
> MP3's playing, word processing... just general use. Full load was an hour
of
> Prime95 running the CPU at 100%. It maxed out at 60C by about minute 20
and
> the temp never went higher.

Hi,

those temps sound a little high, but if its all working stable then your OK.
Are your case temps quite high? because that will be bad for your
hard-disks. I have a P4 build (2.6Ghz @ 3.0GHz) which is near silent* and
my load temps are about 62°C (heatsink is very hot to touch) but the machine
runs flawlessly. The case temps never go above 28°C. I accept these high
temps because the PC is nearly silent, big 120mm fan running at low speeds
hanging above the CPU and SLK-947u.

My other build is a *helicopter* which is another P4 build (2.8Ghz @ 3.5Ghz)
and that hits about 42°C load and idles around 29°C.

If your machine is noisy with lots of fans I would think you could get lower
temps.

What heatsink you using on your O/C barton then?

Wayne ][
!