Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XMAME / XMESS .97 is out

Last response: in Video Games
Share
June 15, 2005 1:16:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

You can grab a patch to 0.96 and full sources from

http://x.mame.net/download/0.96-0.97.diff.bz2
http://x.mame.net/download/xmame-0.97.tar.bz2

Changes since 0.96:

- Everything from MAME 0.97 (http://x.mame.net/changes-mame.html) and
MESS 0.97 (http://x.mame.net/changes-mess.html).
- When the emulation is unpaused, the keyboard state is cleared.
This
prevents keypresses from bleeding over from the user interface.
- The SDL driver now uses the correct green mask for RGB 565. This
fixes a problem with SDL on DirectFB being unable to find a valid
video mode. (Uli H.)
- The SDL driver now locks the video surface before retrieving the
pointer to its memory. This fixes a crash with SDL on DirectFB.
(Uli H.)
- Fixed a few spots in the code for 4.3 BSD, e.g., OpenStep on NeXT.
- Fixed bugs in the Xv driver and the 6-tap effect that affected
big-endian architectures. (Hans de Goede)


--
David

More about : xmame xmess

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 1:59:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER wrote on 14. June 2005:
>
> You can grab a patch to 0.96 and full sources from
>
> http://x.mame.net/download/0.96-0.97.diff.bz2
> http://x.mame.net/download/xmame-0.97.tar.bz2

Now I only got to install Linux on the RC-Machine. :-)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/&gt;
Old school arcade classics at http://www.tombstones.org.uk/~ankman/
Linux without installation? http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
OE user? Ease the pain and try the better newsreader http://xnews.newsguy.com/
Registered as user #289125 with the Linux Counter http://counter.li.org/
Related resources
June 15, 2005 9:24:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

SINNER wrote:
> * Andreas Kohlbach Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>
>>SINNER wrote on 14. June 2005:
>>
>>>You can grab a patch to 0.96 and full sources from
>>>
>>> http://x.mame.net/download/0.96-0.97.diff.bz2
>>> http://x.mame.net/download/xmame-0.97.tar.bz2
>>
>>Now I only got to install Linux on the RC-Machine. :-)
>
>
> Spreading the 'Virus' one machine at a time :) 
>

Yeah, everyone knows the best OS is Windows 3.11 for workgroups on a
lightning fast 486 DX2-66, I guess you'll have to make do with Linux if
you can't afford 3.11 :-D

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:59:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
> Yeah, everyone knows the best OS is Windows 3.11 for workgroups on a
> lightning fast 486 DX2-66, I guess you'll have to make do with Linux if
> you can't afford 3.11 :-D

For some strange reason I've always preferred plain 3.1 to 3.11.
June 15, 2005 10:04:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

* Hellmark Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> MCR's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Yeah, everyone knows the best OS is Windows 3.11 for workgroups
>> on a lightning fast 486 DX2-66, I guess you'll have to make do
>> with Linux if you can't afford 3.11 :-D
>
> For some strange reason I've always preferred plain 3.1 to 3.11.
>

3.11 for Workgroups was the bees knees


--
David
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 10:04:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 18:04:20 +0000, SINNER wrote:

> 3.11 for Workgroups was the bees knees

*shudder*

Right around then was when DESQview came out. And THAT was the bee's
knees, indeed. (Followed by DV/X, of course.)

The best GUI frontend for DOS was Geoworks, though. Geowrite was
fantastic. Geos on the C64 was nice, too, but it just didn't have the
speed and snap of Geoworks on a 286. No surprise there, of course.
!