  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b F Wireless
June 15, 2005 12:35:56 PM

This is probably a noob question, but I'm thinking that I need more
regular keyboard access when using my mame cab (mainly for other
emulators actually). I have a wired keyboard but it's not convenient to
use on a regular basis so I'm considering wireless.

So my question....how does the wireless work? Does the keyboard need to
have line of sight of a sensor or does it just need to be proximate? If
possible I would like to have the sensor inside the cab and the keyboard
outside, therefore line of sight wouldn't be possible.

thanks,
Stoobie.

More about : wireless keyboard mame cabinet

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 15, 2005 12:35:57 PM

Hi,

I plan on doing this as well, but haven't tried it yet. You DO want to get
a wireless that is RF (Radio Frequency) for sure...

Good Luck,

SA Dev
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 15, 2005 12:35:57 PM

Capn Stoobie thought about it a bit, then said...
> This is probably a noob question, but I'm thinking that I need more
> regular keyboard access when using my mame cab (mainly for other
> emulators actually). I have a wired keyboard but it's not convenient to
> use on a regular basis so I'm considering wireless.
>
> So my question....how does the wireless work? Does the keyboard need to
> have line of sight of a sensor or does it just need to be proximate? If
> possible I would like to have the sensor inside the cab and the keyboard
> outside, therefore line of sight wouldn't be possible.
>
> thanks,
> Stoobie.

I used a wireless keyboard in my MAMEframe cab - worked out great.
They're RF (radio frequency) keyboards, meaning you don't need line of
sight to the transmitter (mine was right behind the bezel).

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

Capn Stoobie wrote:
> This is probably a noob question, but I'm thinking that I need more
> regular keyboard access when using my mame cab (mainly for other
> emulators actually). I have a wired keyboard but it's not convenient to
> use on a regular basis so I'm considering wireless.
>
> So my question....how does the wireless work? Does the keyboard need to
> have line of sight of a sensor or does it just need to be proximate? If
> possible I would like to have the sensor inside the cab and the keyboard
> outside, therefore line of sight wouldn't be possible.
>
> thanks,
> Stoobie.

There was a /gorgeous/ wooden MAME 'project' (What /do/ you call a
controller box that includes the computer?) that someone provided a link
for a few weeks ago that used an RF wireless keyboard & mouse, so that's
is what you will be wanting.

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

thematically@nephrectasisg.net
isogoniostat@redward.nonsymbioticz.com
uncoherent@radiotransparentf.gm
uncontemned@admonitork.mil
booziness@articlev.org
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 15, 2005 12:35:57 PM

i just keep my kb behind the coin door the coin box acts as a shelf

rf is the way to go infrared is lame but you could make a little window
for it in the bezel
!