Celeron D Success Story

pat

Expert

Hey all, just thought I'd post an overclocking success story. Please offer
any advice for performance enhancements.

I'm using a Celeron D 2.4 Ghz (18 X 133 mhz) I basically just cranked up the
FSB to 200 mhz. Instant 3.6 Ghz Celeron. Its the prescott core, so its got
256 k cache. I'm using retail heatsink and fan and temps hover around 65 C
with processor under full load for hours.

According to Sandra, it benchmarks on par with a Prescott 3.2 P4.

It does a 1 M SuperPI in 48 seconds. (I actually run the processor at 204
mhz FSB now, so I guess I'm really running at 3.67 Ghz That's at default
voltage and everything.)

So, the prescott celeron D runs a bit hot, but is completely stable. The
processor only cost about $70, so it gave some great bang for the buck.

This processor reminds me of the old Celeron 366 @550 and the 600 @ 900. My
last CPU was a Celeron 1200 @ 1600 (Tulatin core). The cheap Celerons have
done me well over the years.

--
Pat

"Pat" wrote
> I'm using a Celeron D 2.4 Ghz (18 X 133 mhz) I basically just cranked up
the
> FSB to 200 mhz. Instant 3.6 Ghz Celeron.

Good stuff, nothing like a free 1200MHz!

Wayne ][