FX 5700 Le

I have a question. I have graphics card based on FX 5700LE chipset. If
anybody know how to modify this card to normal FX 5700, please help me.
Thanx and greets from Paul.
11 answers Last reply
More about 5700

    Do a google for "Coolbits". Its a registry mod that opens up overclocking
    features for FX cards. It will let you change the GPU speed and memory
    speed.

    You may need to upgrade your vidio card drivers too. Make sure you pay
    attention to the instructions before installing the coolbits file.

    As far as actually moding the card to a full 5700, maybe someone else can
    comment on if that's possible or not. I have no clue about that.

    Pat

    "Paul" <neo30@vp.pl> wrote in message
    >I have a question. I have graphics card based on FX 5700LE chipset. If
    > anybody know how to modify this card to normal FX 5700, please help me.
    > Thanx and greets from Paul.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    U¿ytkownik "Paul" <neo30@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > I have a question. I have graphics card based on FX 5700LE chipset. If
    > anybody know how to modify this card to normal FX 5700, please help me.
    > Thanx and greets from Paul.

    I already use Riva Tuner 2.0 RC15.3 New Year Edition. There is no difference
    between default and o/c settings. I use Forceware 61.77.
    I've o/c my card from standard 250/400 (c/m) to 300/500. Nothing. Still the
    same. Maybe problem is in my CPU/Motherboard?
    I have a Duron 1300 Morgan running at 1400Mhz on ECS K7VTA3 Motherboard
    256MB of DDR400.
    If anyone have suggestions write.
    Greetz Paul
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    What do you mean there is no difference? Difference in what? I'd guess 3D
    Mark 03 would show significant improvement after a substancial overclock
    like that.

    If you are benchmarking, and get the same results with and without the
    overclock, I'd guess its not overclocking at all.

    > U¿ytkownik "Paul" <neo30@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    >> I have a question. I have graphics card based on FX 5700LE chipset. If
    >> anybody know how to modify this card to normal FX 5700, please help me.
    >> Thanx and greets from Paul.
    >>

    > I already use Riva Tuner 2.0 RC15.3 New Year Edition. There is no
    > difference
    > between default and o/c settings. I use Forceware 61.77.
    > I've o/c my card from standard 250/400 (c/m) to 300/500. Nothing. Still
    > the
    > same. Maybe problem is in my CPU/Motherboard?
    > I have a Duron 1300 Morgan running at 1400Mhz on ECS K7VTA3 Motherboard
    > 256MB of DDR400.
    > If anyone have suggestions write.
    > Greetz Paul

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    No difference means it's about 50 points in 3Dmark03. And remember, that's
    overclock at driver level. Maybe my CPU is too slow for this card? What ya
    think?
    greetz Paul
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Then it could be the processor. How many marks are you getting? I take it
    the processor won't go any higher than 1400?

    > No difference means it's about 50 points in 3Dmark03. And remember, that's
    > overclock at driver level. Maybe my CPU is too slow for this card? What ya
    > think?
    > greetz Paul

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    My result is 1350 3Dmarks after o/c, and 1290 without.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    I think the LE has only a 64 bit wide ram so overclocking is not going to be
    a great boost.

    Dave

    "Paul" <neo30@vp.pl> wrote in message
    >I have a question. I have graphics card based on FX 5700LE chipset. If
    > anybody know how to modify this card to normal FX 5700, please help me.
    > Thanx and greets from Paul.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    "Paul" <neo30@vp.pl> wrote in news:crk8q3$lvq$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl:

    > I have a question. I have graphics card based on FX 5700LE chipset. If
    > anybody know how to modify this card to normal FX 5700, please help me.
    > Thanx and greets from Paul.

    Collbits has been superceded by NVTweak:

    http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvtweak/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    I have 128 bit wide bus, and 128MB of ram on card. I don't know, maybe
    problem is in my motherboard or CPU.
    My card are Prolink FX 5700Le 128/128 DVI/TV

    Paul

    U¿ytkownik "Dave" <dave2972@hotmail.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > I think the LE has only a 64 bit wide ram so overclocking is not going to
    be
    > a great boost.
    >
    > Dave
  10. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    >I have 128 bit wide bus, and 128MB of ram on card. I don't know, maybe
    > problem is in my motherboard or CPU.
    > My card are Prolink FX 5700Le 128/128 DVI/TV
    >
    > Paul

    I've caught-up on posts and I think your problem is the board and then CPU.

    I only checked a few reviews for the board and the OC potential was not
    good. With that board you cannot really push the CPU.

    The CPU could be overclocked a bit higher on a better board but you would be
    approaching the limits of the chip.

    You say in a post that you are running 256MB of DDR400 RAM. You could
    experiment with BIOS RAM timings and set them to 2.0,2,2,5 or even tighter
    if your BIOS lets you since your Duron CPU runs at 100MHz FSB standard.
    With DDR400 your BIOS may not let you run the RAM at DDR200 (100MHz FSB)
    speeds but may let you use DDR266/PC2100 settings. If so, the set them to
    the lowest timings you can, e.g. 2.0,2,2,5 and test.

    With the suggestions above, you will not improve your GFX benchmarks by
    much. Your system is seriously underpowered for your FX5700LE card. Your
    Duron chip was a top little chip in its time for 2D/office stuff but for 3D
    games it is lacking, generally because of the 64kB of L2 cache.

    Dave
  11. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    BIOS in my motherboard don't let me to change timings of ram. I've tried to
    push my DDR to PC2100 mode (133 FSB) and then system runs until starting any
    game that reqiure 3D adapter. Unlikely I can't set FSB in synchronous mode,
    beacuse Duron don't support 133FSB. Performance increased at cost of system
    stability. I think that I must change CPU and motherboard. In standard
    settings performance in games are 10% better than befere, when I use a
    GF2MX400 adapter.

    greetz Paul

Overclocking Hardware Graphics Cards