Mobile Amd 64 Turion any info on it ???

Any idea of the price will it be similar to the Barton Mobiles, price
and overclockability ?

I know this might be hard for you to know as their is little info
about it, but if you know would like to know.

Would love to get a DUAL amd 64 boar dif their is one and mod them for
MP use.

Thanks for any info.

The Lonley one wrote:
> Mobile Amd 64 Turion any info on it ???
>
> Any idea of the price will it be similar to the Barton Mobiles, price
> and overclockability ?

In terms of price, I have no idea. But appears just to be a
low-voltage-happy 90nm part, which would probably make it somewhat the same
as the Barton mobile in terms of overclocking.

> I know this might be hard for you to know as their is little info
> about it, but if you know would like to know.
>
> Would love to get a DUAL amd 64 boar dif their is one and mod them for
> MP use.

The time of the cheap duallie is over, unfortunately. For both Intel and
AMD, the only way to do SMP is under their rules, ie: Xeon DP or 2xx Opteron
(and Xeon MP or 8xx Opteron if you want more than two). This is both due to
using a different socket, and also because the MP logic on the core has been
disabled on the non MP-capable chips (and there's no bridges any more ...).

--
Michael Brown
Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz ---+--- My inbox is always open

You can just use some wire on the bottom and connect the pins that
way, dont need any bridges to connect :)

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:54:11 +1100, "Michael Brown"
<see@signature.below> wrote:

>The Lonley one wrote:
>> Mobile Amd 64 Turion any info on it ???
>>
>> Any idea of the price will it be similar to the Barton Mobiles, price
>> and overclockability ?
>
>In terms of price, I have no idea. But appears just to be a
>low-voltage-happy 90nm part, which would probably make it somewhat the same
>as the Barton mobile in terms of overclocking.
>
>> I know this might be hard for you to know as their is little info
>> about it, but if you know would like to know.
>>
>> Would love to get a DUAL amd 64 boar dif their is one and mod them for
>> MP use.
>
>The time of the cheap duallie is over, unfortunately. For both Intel and
>AMD, the only way to do SMP is under their rules, ie: Xeon DP or 2xx Opteron
>(and Xeon MP or 8xx Opteron if you want more than two). This is both due to
>using a different socket, and also because the MP logic on the core has been
>disabled on the non MP-capable chips (and there's no bridges any more ...).

The Lonley one wrote:
[...]
>>> Would love to get a DUAL amd 64 boar dif their is one and mod them
>>> for MP use.
>>
>> The time of the cheap duallie is over, unfortunately. For both Intel
>> and AMD, the only way to do SMP is under their rules, ie: Xeon DP or
>> 2xx Opteron (and Xeon MP or 8xx Opteron if you want more than two).
>> This is both due to using a different socket, and also because the
>> MP logic on the core has been disabled on the non MP-capable chips
>> (and there's no bridges any more ...).
>
> You can just use some wire on the bottom and connect the pins that
> way, dont need any bridges to connect :)

Umm, not for MP capability ... with the K7's, the only configuration
parameters you could change through the pins were the multiplier and the L2
cache size (the latter only if you bridged the L9 bridges). See my post
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd/msg/2a7ab2e1e112f795
for what I mean by configuration parameters of the CPU. This is because the
pins were nothing more than connections into the bridge circuitry, so if you
drove the pins hard enough (such as doing a direct connection to GND or
VCore) you could override the settings from the more weakly driven bridge
logic.

In the case of the K8, all the configuration parameters are locked. You
cannot change any of them though bridges, since there are no bridges to
change. Also, noone has found any pins that change any of the configuration
parameters, and it's unlikely that any exist (similar to the P4).

--
Michael Brown
Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz ---+--- My inbox is always open

> In the case of the K8, all the configuration parameters are locked. You
> cannot change any of them though bridges, since there are no bridges to
> change. Also, noone has found any pins that change any of the
configuration
> parameters, and it's unlikely that any exist (similar to the P4).

plus, as you've said, theres no way to even plug a "cheap" normal desktop
chip into a dual board anymore

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
www.tacticalgamer.com

I stand Corrected, though id did not know what i was talking about in
the first place.

Just thought it could be done that way, AMD BASTARDS.