Arctic Cooling Freezer 64

has anyone used one of these, do thwey work well with skt 939 processors? as
in do they cool the processor as good as a standard cooler does?

any replies much appreciated, I am currently pricing up an AMD 64 system
which I am building for one of my old friends, he says he would like it
quiet, he has heard my skt A system... sounds like a spaceship, so i wanna
show him how quiet a system can be... dont want water cooling... so is this
much auieter and does it cool as good?

Thanks

(in advance)

chris
1 answer Last reply
More about arctic cooling freezer

    I chose the Freezer 64 instead of the stock cooler since it
    quoted 0,20°C/W which seemed pretty good. The cooling
    power in my system with Freezer 64 is not that dramatic.
    With good air flow and ambient T < 20°C, under a full load
    P95 torture test the CPU temp goes up to between 48 and
    56°C depending on how much I overclock.
    Still, given that it cost less that EUR20 I'm happy.
    If low-noise is your main issue though you may well be better
    off with one of the temperature-controlled fans (the Freezer 64
    is not).
    David

    "Christo" <chris@juststuffd.co.uk> wrote in message news:34np9vF4bd8p2U1@individual.net...
    > has anyone used one of these, do thwey work well with skt 939 processors? as
    > in do they cool the processor as good as a standard cooler does?
    >
    > any replies much appreciated, I am currently pricing up an AMD 64 system
    > which I am building for one of my old friends, he says he would like it
    > quiet, he has heard my skt A system... sounds like a spaceship, so i wanna
    > show him how quiet a system can be... dont want water cooling... so is this
    > much auieter and does it cool as good?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > (in advance)
    >
    > chris