Arctic Cooling Freezer 64

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
January 13, 2005 8:26:31 PM

has anyone used one of these, do thwey work well with skt 939 processors? as
in do they cool the processor as good as a standard cooler does?

any replies much appreciated, I am currently pricing up an AMD 64 system
which I am building for one of my old friends, he says he would like it
quiet, he has heard my skt A system... sounds like a spaceship, so i wanna
show him how quiet a system can be... dont want water cooling... so is this
much auieter and does it cool as good?

Thanks

(in advance)

chris

More about : arctic cooling freezer

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
January 15, 2005 10:50:22 PM

I chose the Freezer 64 instead of the stock cooler since it
quoted 0,20°C/W which seemed pretty good. The cooling
power in my system with Freezer 64 is not that dramatic.
With good air flow and ambient T < 20°C, under a full load
P95 torture test the CPU temp goes up to between 48 and
56°C depending on how much I overclock.
Still, given that it cost less that EUR20 I'm happy.
If low-noise is your main issue though you may well be better
off with one of the temperature-controlled fans (the Freezer 64
is not).
David

!