Rom site.

This topic is mainly about rom sites. This is to help everyone to
find games the grew up with.

Thanks,
Brian Henry
http://brians-network.no-ip.info

Please test my server and let me know how good it works. Please e-mail
me at robieorobot@yahoo.com I need reviews and testers. Thank you.

robierobot@yahoo.com wrote in frenzy of gak fuelled meyhem

> This topic is mainly about rom sites. This is to help everyone to
> find games the grew up with.
>

> Thanks,
> Brian Henry
> http://brians-network.no-ip.info
>
> Please test my server and let me know how good it works. Please e-mail
> me at robieorobot@yahoo.com I need reviews and testers. Thank you.

That site of yours dont work when you turn the PC off you know. (hint : if
your wanting to use it as a public base, leave the PC on!)

Hey Hank Brian! You asked for reviews and testers, Here's my report:

1. Site doesn't work.
2. Test could not be completed. See Item #1.
3. Please pay the attached invoice in a timely manner.
--
FSogol

Brian's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> The computer hasn't been turned off for days now. I keep it running.
> here is the address again.
> http://brians-network.no-ip.info
> See if that works.

well, the site doesnt come up. Recheck your IP. its trying to grab
12.219.208

SINNER wrote on 16. June 2005:

> * Brian Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

>> The computer hasn't been turned off for days now. I keep it
>> running.
>> here is the address again.
>>
>> http://brians-network.no-ip.info
>>
>> See if that works.
>>

> The Proxomitron couldn't connect to...
> 12.219.208.71:8080/

Use Privoxy instead. Says then "Proxomitron couldn't connect to...". ;-)

>> --
>> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
>> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Hmm, wasn't that the server sending me spam?

> Broken sig...

Yes, webinterface must be broken.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Andreas Kohlbach Wrote in alt.games.mame:

>> The Proxomitron couldn't connect to...
>> 12.219.208.71:8080/
>
> Use Privoxy instead.

I do, on my Linux box. I am aware that they make a windows version but
I have been using Prox since the first time K.os mentioned it and since
Ive never had a problem with it, I still use it.

--
David

SINNER wrote on 17. June 2005:

> * Andreas Kohlbach Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>>> The Proxomitron couldn't connect to...
>>> 12.219.208.71:8080/
>>
>> Use Privoxy instead.
>>

> I do, on my Linux box. I am aware that they make a windows version but
> I have been using Prox since the first time K.os mentioned it and since
> Ive never had a problem with it, I still use it.

Yup.

Though a Windows version exists since years. I even used to use the same config
file. So I just changed the one on Windows which Linux also used and had
the same settings.
--

MCR wrote on 17. June 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Snipped
>> Though a Windows version exists since years. I even used to use the same config
>> file. So I just changed the one on Windows which Linux also used and had
>> the same settings.
>
> You still use windows? I thought you were a 100% Linux man :)

Romcollector leaves me no choice. :)

Well there sits an old chasis with (probably) killed mainboard and
CPU. Memory is already ripped out. I never been downtown here (it's a
weather like in London here, rain all the time (we even had a Tornado 30
miles from here)), but there shall be a computer store selling used
stuff. May be I get some replacements and build it up, and then Linux on
it.

Hmm, I better go to Ebay now and get a used laptop. :)
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
Snipped
> Though a Windows version exists since years. I even used to use the same config
> file. So I just changed the one on Windows which Linux also used and had
> the same settings.

You still use windows? I thought you were a 100% Linux man :)

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
Snipped

> Romcollector leaves me no choice. :)

He he...

> Well there sits an old chasis with (probably) killed mainboard and
> CPU. Memory is already ripped out. I never been downtown here (it's a
> weather like in London here, rain all the time (we even had a Tornado 30
> miles from here)), but there shall be a computer store selling used
> stuff. May be I get some replacements and build it up, and then Linux on
> it.

Hey! The weather in blighty is lovely now... people are walking around
in T-shirts and shorts, having barbeques etc... How dare you suggest
London is rain sodden ;-)

> Hmm, I better go to Ebay now and get a used laptop. :)

Good luck
--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

MCR wrote on 18. June 2005:

> Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> Snipped
>
>> Romcollector leaves me no choice. :)
>
> He he...
>
>> Well there sits an old chasis with (probably) killed mainboard and
>> CPU. Memory is already ripped out. I never been downtown here (it's a
>> weather like in London here, rain all the time (we even had a Tornado 30
>> miles from here)), but there shall be a computer store selling used
>> stuff. May be I get some replacements and build it up, and then Linux on
>> it.
>
> Hey! The weather in blighty is lovely now... people are walking
> around in T-shirts and shorts, having barbeques etc... How dare you
> suggest London is rain sodden ;-)

We here too. Shorts, barbeQs and stuff. But we are rough! :)

>> Hmm, I better go to Ebay now and get a used laptop. :)
>
> Good luck

Thanks.
--
By(e) Andreas
U w4nt r0meZ? <http://www.lazarus.org.uk/>

Yeah! It works great. I simply clicked on your link:
http://brians-network.no-ip.info and downloaded
twp Nintendo ROMS while I was there. THANKS!

--
{Default Signature}

"Brian" <robierobot@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> The computer hasn't been turned off for days now. I keep it running.
> here is the address again.
>
> http://brians-network.no-ip.info
>
> See if that works.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Henry
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Andreas Kohlbach's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> innocent_lamb wrote on 18. June 2005:
>> I have steel siding on my building here. It was like being inside of a
>> bass drum this morning with the water pounding so hard it created a
>> continuous roar.
> Building? Thought you were at a pasture? Well this needs to be covered
> too

Barns count as buildings, ya know!

Brian wrote:
> The computer hasn't been turned off for days now. I keep it running.
> here is the address again.
>
> http://brians-network.no-ip.info
>
> See if that works.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian Henry
>
> --
> Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
> http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Seems to work fine, now. I /would/ suggest using GoodTools
(http://www.zophar.net/utilities/goodutil.html) to rename your ROMs,
though. (No, kiddies, Amanga 1&2 are /not/ games.....<G>)

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

prealgebra@maddeningu.edu