New to this o/c'ing life style, built my first rig couple of weeks ago, and
took my first steps at oveclocking

mainy used ati tool for the gfx and "easytuner" for the cpu

Anyone know of any good upto date o/c'ing beginners guides.

Plus what do think of my attempts below

Thanks

--
"Blu-Ray"
2600+Sempron (O/C @2.046Ghz)

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Veritech wrote:
> New to this o/c'ing life style, built my first rig couple of weeks
> ago, and took my first steps at oveclocking
>
> mainy used ati tool for the gfx and "easytuner" for the cpu
>
> Anyone know of any good upto date o/c'ing beginners guides.
>
> Plus what do think of my attempts below

Good to see you here :)

About the graphics card no comments, AtiTool is the most commonly used
program to find the limits of an OC.

I would recommend against using 'Easytuner' for overclocking the CPU. It's
more common to do this, using the BIOS.
How it's done, is also described in this link:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1597&page=3

You're a bit out of luck, this isn't a real overclocking board :-( Gigabyte
didnt lock the AGP/FSB ratio, which means you cant raise the CPU speed
without also overclocking the AGP bus. It depends on your videocard how long
this is succesfull. These reviewers of your board got it to a 210 MHz FSB,
only 5% :-(

--
Thomas

hey Veritech , you might find some info here

http://forums.anandtech.com/default.aspx?nocookies=yed

Anand has some very good guides for OC amd 64's , and you
should be able to find some good info at this forum....
good luck