1G DDR 400 OC @ 450 at 2.8 v
MSI 875 PE neo2 FSIR
1 CD-RW Philips PCRW 1208 PATA
1 DVD Pioneer PATA
1 Seagate HD 200G SATA
1 ax800pro GCard
1 PSU Chieftec 300w
OS - Windows XP Professional

The system, from time to time, was not getting the cd-rw/dvd drives to work.
Under My Computer there is no PATA drives. So I restore the mainboard
defaults, and after a few reboot everithing went ok, the PATA drives where
back.

The problem is that after the last OC experience, the Philips PCRW 1208
drive was not "bring back to life" (the DVD is working). I've tested the
molex voltage and it's ok.

Think my cd-rw drive could be lost because of system OC?

Thanks in advance.
S.

No, overclocking your CPU, FrontSide Bus, memory, or chipset will not
physically affect drives. However, if your overclocked system was unstable,
corruption of systems files could occur, causing the problem presented. On
the other hand, your overclock is so mild that system instability shouldn't
be a problem UNLESS your CPU cooling solution can't handle the extra heat.
What temperatures do you record?

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

"NSA" <m.silva@netcabo.pt> wrote in message
> Hi all, my specs are:
>
> P4 3.2E OC @ 3.6
> 1G DDR 400 OC @ 450 at 2.8 v
> MSI 875 PE neo2 FSIR
> 1 CD-RW Philips PCRW 1208 PATA
> 1 DVD Pioneer PATA
> 1 Seagate HD 200G SATA
> 1 ax800pro GCard
> 1 PSU Chieftec 300w
> OS - Windows XP Professional
>
> The system, from time to time, was not getting the cd-rw/dvd drives to
work.
> Under My Computer there is no PATA drives. So I restore the mainboard
> defaults, and after a few reboot everithing went ok, the PATA drives where
> back.
>
> The problem is that after the last OC experience, the Philips PCRW 1208
> drive was not "bring back to life" (the DVD is working). I've tested the
> molex voltage and it's ok.
>
> Think my cd-rw drive could be lost because of system OC?
>

> Thanks in advance.
> S.

I'm using the Intel original cooling system, Fan and heatsink. I think
temperature is not a problem, since the case has a good air exaustion (120
mm fan). Under the refered system OC, the CPU temps go near 55ºC~59ºC in
Doom3/HL2.

"Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> escreveu na mensagem
> No, overclocking your CPU, FrontSide Bus, memory, or chipset will not
> physically affect drives. However, if your overclocked system was
> unstable,
> corruption of systems files could occur, causing the problem presented.
> On
> the other hand, your overclock is so mild that system instability
> shouldn't
> be a problem UNLESS your CPU cooling solution can't handle the extra heat.
> What temperatures do you record?
>
> --
> Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> For communication,
> replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> replace "dot" with "."
>
> "NSA" <m.silva@netcabo.pt> wrote in message
>> Hi all, my specs are:
>>
>> P4 3.2E OC @ 3.6
>> 1G DDR 400 OC @ 450 at 2.8 v
>> MSI 875 PE neo2 FSIR
>> 1 CD-RW Philips PCRW 1208 PATA
>> 1 DVD Pioneer PATA
>> 1 Seagate HD 200G SATA
>> 1 ax800pro GCard
>> 1 PSU Chieftec 300w
>> OS - Windows XP Professional
>>
>> The system, from time to time, was not getting the cd-rw/dvd drives to
> work.
>> Under My Computer there is no PATA drives. So I restore the mainboard
>> defaults, and after a few reboot everithing went ok, the PATA drives
>> where
>> back.
>>
>> The problem is that after the last OC experience, the Philips PCRW 1208
>> drive was not "bring back to life" (the DVD is working). I've tested the
>> molex voltage and it's ok.
>>
>> Think my cd-rw drive could be lost because of system OC?
>>

>> Thanks in advance.
>> S.

CPU at 45ºC after running 3dmark03 for 30 minutes at 20ºC room temp.