Gigabyte Intros Innovative Mouse/Touchpad Hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Good Apple didn't come up with this crap or we would be subjected to days of for morons media propaganda with claims of "magical" innovation.

clubsaucekiller

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Good Apple didn't come up with this crap or we would be subjected to days of for morons media propaganda with claims of "magical" innovation.[/citation]

Actually they did, sorry! Check out the Magic Mouse - it also happens to look a lot better than this brick-y piece of shit.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Good Apple didn't come up with this crap or we would be subjected to days of for morons media propaganda with claims of "magical" innovation.[/citation]
hahahahhaahhaahhaahhaah

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]clubsaucekiller[/nom]Actually they did, sorry! Check out the Magic Mouse - it also happens to look a lot better than this brick-y piece of shit.[/citation]
the magic mouse isn't also a trackpad

erikalikesfire

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I don't understand. I've never been using a mouse and thought to myself, "Man, I wish this were a touchpad." I've never unplugged the mouse from my laptop so I could use the touchpad. Is this something people are looking for?

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]clubsaucekiller[/nom]Actually they did, sorry! Check out the Magic Mouse - it also happens to look a lot better than this brick-y piece of shit.[/citation]
No I don't think the pad on the magic mouse can actually be a mouse, users can only do certain gestures on the pad. So Gigabyte is the first!?

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]waethorn[/nom]Microsoft Touch Mice.That is all.[/citation]
But I don't think the pad on that Microsoft mouse can actually control the mouse cursor. Looks like Gigabyte is the first to make a 2 in 1 mouse like this

f-14

Distinguished
they said the ipad looked like a tampon, they never saw that magic mouse then. looks like it should be shoved right up the inventors kitty.

G

The main advantage of a touchpad over a mouse is the multi-finger controls such as pinch to reduce view size and vice-versa. Otherwise, mouse is more convenient and accurate for most general use and of course, gaming.

ET3D

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]They bothered with making drivers for Windows 98 and ME???[/citation]

No, the just made it a normal USB HID device, which is supported on all these OS's (as well as Linux, OS X and probably many other OS's). The gesture software is only currently available for XP, Vista and 7.

ET3D

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2012
I really think they should dedicate some text to what this is good for. The only thing I can think of (looking at how they propose to hold it in touchpad mode) is that the touchpad is meant for when you don't have a surface to put it on. Could be okay for HTPC control from the sofa, for example. Still not a very convincing prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.